Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 21:10:08 -0600

763 
ATPQ40 PGUM 250309
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST SAT DEC 25 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM NORTH OF WAKE ISLAND AT 
25N169E TO SOUTH OF MINAMI TORISHIMA AT 20N156E...THEN CONTINUES AS 
A SHEAR LINE TO ANATAHAN AT 16N145E AND FINALLY TO BEYOND 130E AT 
14N. CLOUDINESS AND AREAS OF LIGHT RAIN ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 
200 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE COLD FRONT. PATCHY CLOUDS AND WIDELY 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE SEEN ALONG AND UP TO 250 MILES NORTH OF THE 
SHEAR LINE.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH REACHES SOUTHEASTWARD FROM NORTHEAST OF 
MINDANAO THROUGH 8N130E TO END AT EQ142E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A 
FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE PRESENT BETWEEN KOROR AND YAP BETWEEN 2N AND 
9N FROM 136E TO 140E...BETWEEN 2N AND 5N FROM 141E TO 146E...AND 
BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 2N FROM 130E TO 140E.

A SURFACE TROUGH RUNS NORTHEASTWARD FROM FROM SOUTH OF CHUUK AT 
3N155E TO SOUTHEAST OF WAKE ISLAND AT 17N173E. WIDELY SCATTERED 
SHOWERS ARE OCCURRING OVER POHNPEI WITHIN 90 MILES OF THE TROUGH 
AXIS.

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH REACHES NORTHWARD FROM 10N177E TO 15N178E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE PRESENT NEAR THE DATE BETWEEN 11N AND 14N FROM 
177E EASTWARD TO BEYOND THE DATELINE...AND IN EASTERLY CONVERGENT 
WINDS NORTH AND EAST OF MAJURO BETWEEN 6N AND 10N FROM 172E TO 
BEYOND 180. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.