Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 21:53:37 -0600

452 
FZPN01 KWBC 250353
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SAT DEC 25 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 25. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 26. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 27. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 52N140W 983 MB MOVING N 10 KT. 
OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 900 NM SW AND W QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 
180 NM E AND SE OF A FRONT EXTENDING FROM 48N125W TO 41N127W TO 
30N133W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 21 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 
43N148W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N143W 984 MB. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE...WITHIN 60 NM E OF A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW CENTER 
TO 50N130W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 56N144W MENTIONED BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW WELL W OF AREA. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 50N160E TO 48N170E TO 
40N175W TO 30N164W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 300 NM N AND E 
OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 17 TO 26 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED NW OF AREA. WITHIN 420 NM NE OF 
A LINE FROM 53N167E TO 41N172W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS MERGED WITH LOW 50N164E DESCRIBED 
BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 40N174E 1002 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 300 NM SW AND 600 NM QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 
TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N175E 1001 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE WITHIN 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N170W 998 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
BETWEEN 120 NM AND 540 NM W SEMICIRCLE AND NE QUADRANT WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS NE OF A LINE FROM 59N180W TO 
53N171W N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT WITH NW TO N 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N140W 986 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 840 NM 
S AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N144W 984 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 240 NM 
NE AND 120 NM AND 720 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N159E 995 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 
32N TO 50N W OF 169E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 52N132W 988 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 51N164E 1007 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 300 NM NE OF A LINE FROM LOW CENTER SE TO 45N176E WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.  

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 61N W OF 159W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N AND NE OF A 
LINE FROM 55N154W TO 57N168W TO 60N180W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY W OF THE 
ALEUTIANS AND N OF A LINE FROM 55N163E TO 60N180W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 38N164W 1001 MB. WITHIN 120 NM S 
QUADRANT AND 240 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 41N171W TO 30N156W WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N147W 1004 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
14 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 32N TO 41N W OF 163E S WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 300 NM N AND 
NE OF A LINE FROM 50N160E TO 37N175W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. 

.HIGH 40N160W 1023 MB MOVING SE 45 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N170E 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.FORECASTER OSZAJCA. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SAT DEC 25.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN DEC 26.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON DEC 27.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.30 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 15N95W TO 14N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 15N95W TO 14N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 15N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N97W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 14N96W TO 11N102W N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 TO 11 FT. 

.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 11N E OF 88W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT. 
.18 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N132W TO 25N140W. N OF 26N E OF FRONT TO 126W 
S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. W OF FRONT NW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N121W TO 25N124W TO 22N130W. 
NW OF FRONT TO 128W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W OF 128W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. NW OF LINE FROM 30N117W 
TO 18N127W TO 14N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN 
NW SWELL.

.FROM 07N TO 21N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 13N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 17N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.S OF 07N W OF 135W SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY 
SE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 07N W OF 129W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N W OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN MIXED SE AND N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N W OF 127W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT IN N SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC SAT DEC 25...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...04N77W TO 07N108W TO 07N120W 
TO 09N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION NOTED.

$$
.FORECASTER HUFFMAN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.