Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 22:45:24 -0600

332 
FZPN40 PHFO 250445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SAT DEC 25 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 25 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 26 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 27 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 24N150W TO 27N160W TO 30N163W. COLD E OF 
145W MOVING ESE 20 KT...NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT N OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT W OF 140W DISSIPATED. REST OF FRONT MOVED E 
OF FORECAST AREA. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.FRONT FROM 30N169W TO 20N175W TO 14N175E. FRONT N OF 20N MOVING E 
20 KT...NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING ELSEWHERE. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 17N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 24N170W TO 20N178W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N153W TO 27N160W TO 
22N168W. S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN 145W AND 151W.

.FRONT FROM 30N174E TO 26N170E TO 21N160E. FRONT N OF 23N MOVING E 
25 KT...NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 26N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N175W TO 27N180E TO 24N172E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N166W TO 26N170W 23N175W. WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN FRONT AND 178W.

.WEAK TROUGH FROM 20N155W TO 15N157W NEARLY STATIONARY. 

.TROUGH FROM 15N180E TO 11N178E TO 08N176E MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 100 NM OF TROUGH.

.HIGH 22N180E 1013 MB. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 22N170E. HIGH AND RIDGE 
MOVING ENE 15 KT AND DISSIPATING BY 18 HOURS. 

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 13 TO 14 FT N OF 29N E OF 150W. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N 
OF 26N E OF 175W. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N168E TO 
23N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT E OF A LINE FROM 12N140W TO 11N140W TO 
02N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 11 TO 14 FT N OF 25N E OF 152W. SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF 20N E OF 174W. SEAS 19 TO 12 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 
30N180E TO 19N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 171W AND 179E. 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 30N168E TO 13N160E.  
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 10N E OF 156W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N150W TO 08N162W TO 08N170W TO 08N174W.
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM S OF ITCZ E OF 145W...AND 
WITHIN 120 NM S OF ITCZ W OF 150W.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.