Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 03:59:09 -0600

295 
FZPN01 KWBC 250958
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SAT DEC 25 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 25. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 26. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 27. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 43N160E 988 MB. WITHIN 120 NM NE AND 
300 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 45N W OF 167E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 16 FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 53N139W 983 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. 
OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 900 NM SW AND W QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 
300 NM E SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 43N145W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N148W 983 MB. WITHIN 120 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE AND 780 NM SW QUADRNTS S OF THE ALEUTIANS WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N149W 980 MB. WITHIN 120 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
AND 600 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS S OF THE ALEUTIANS WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 44N126W 1003 MB. A FRONT WILL EXTEND FROM LOW SW TO 
30N129W. WITHIN 240 NM SE QUADRANT AND WITHIN 120 NM E OF THE 
FRONT. WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW WELL W OF AREA. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 51N162E TO 49N170E TO 
45N180W TO 36N168W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 300 NM N AND E 
OF THE FRONT N OF 45N WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. ALSO 
WINDS 240 NM E OF THE REMAINDER OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 15 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED NW OF AREA. WITHIN 420 NM NE OF 
A FRONT FROM 53N166E TO 47N176W TO 45N180W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS MERGED WITH LOW 51N164E DESCRIBED 
BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 40N177E 1002 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 300 NM W SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N172W 1001 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N165W 1001 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
BETWEEN 180 NM AND 600 NM W AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM N 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS NE OF A LINE FROM 59N177E TO 
55N176W TO 52N172W N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT 
WITH NW TO N SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N137W 987 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 840 NM 
S AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N136W 991 MB. WITHIN 720 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST W OF AREA 49N159E 995 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 300 NM E AND 180 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 42N173W 999 MB. WITHIN 360 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS TO MERGE WITH LOW 36N165W 
MENTIONED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 51N164E 1007 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 300 NM NE OF A LINE FROM LOW CENTER SE TO 45N176E WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF A LINE FROM 57N154W TO 57N163W TO 60N177W.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF A LINE 
FROM 56N154W TO 56N167W TO 60N180W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY W OF THE 
ALEUTIANS AND N OF A LINE FROM 55N165W TO 60N180W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 39N162W 999 MB. WITHIN 120 NM N 
QUADRANT AND 240 NM E AND NE OF A LINE FROM LOW SE TO 30N155W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N142W 1005 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 300 NM E AND AND 600 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 300 NM NE OF 
A LINE FROM 51N162E TO 36N171W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. 

.HIGH 37N156W 1021 MB MOVING SE 40 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N171E 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N172W 1019 MB.  

.FORECASTER OSZAJCA. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SAT DEC 25.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN DEC 26.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON DEC 27.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N96W TO 
14N97W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 
KT.  SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N96W TO 
14N97W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 
KT.  SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.18 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N96W... 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.  SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N96W TO 13N97W  N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N96W TO 14N97W TO 11N103W  N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT.  SEAS TO 11 FT. 

.30 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 10N TO 11N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA  N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N128W TO 24N140W. N OF 25N E OF FRONT TO 125W 
S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.  W OF FRONT  NW WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N122W TO 21N130W.  NW OF 
FRONT TO 128W  NW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.  
ELSEWHERE N OF 21N W OF 128W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 9 TO 
14 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT DISSIPATED.  N OF 27N E OF 120W  
NW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT.  ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 
28N115W TO 22N120W  TO 22N140W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

.S OF 16N W OF 115W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 07N TO 13N W OF 120W  NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT.  SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 07N TO 22N W OF 120W  NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT.  SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SAT DEC 25...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...03N78W TO 08N106W TO 08N125W 
TO 09N140W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 75 NM S OF AXIS W OF 138W.

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.