Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 04:45:26 -0600

385 
FZPN40 PHFO 251045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SAT DEC 25 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 25 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 26 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 27 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 23N140W TO 23N148W TO 25N157W TO 30N164W MOVING E 10 KT.
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N154W TO 22N146W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 27N BETWEEN 150W AND 155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. ASSOCIATED WINDS DECREASED TO 
20 KT OR LESS.

.FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 24N171W TO 14N161E. FRONT N OF 21N MOVING 
E 20 KT...AND NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING ELSEWHERE. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 210 NM E AND SE OF FRONT N OF 19N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N158W TO 20N177W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.FRONT FROM 30N178E TO 27N174E TO 22N160E. FRONT N OF 25N MOVING 
E 25 KT...AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE OF FRONT N OF 25N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N170W TO 25N177W TO 23N177E. WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT E OF 174E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N162W TO 21N172W TO 17N179W. WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN FRONT AND 179W.

.TROUGH FROM 19N157W TO 17N158W TO 14N160W MOVING NW 10 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH N OF 16N.

.HIGH 23N174E 1014 MB WILL DISSIPATE IN 12 HOURS. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 
29N176W. HIGH AND RIDGE MOVING ENE 15 KT. 

.HIGH 29N163E 1015 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 29N160E
NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 26N E OF 163W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE 
N OF A LINE FROM 25N140W TO 23N147W TO 30N176E. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT 
N OF A LINE FROM 30N173E TO 21N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT E OF A LINE FROM 
00N144W TO 11N152W TO 13N149W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 18N140W TO 
16N149W TO 27N178W TO 14N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N167W TO 
26N180W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N163W TO 
09N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 00N157W TO 21N169W TO 
30N155W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 08N172E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
150 NM S OF ITCZ E OF 144W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
180 NM OF ITCZ.

$$

.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.