Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 06:13:33 -0600

433 
ATHW40 PHFO 251213
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC SAT DEC 25 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC DECEMBER 25 2010

A SLOWLY DISINTEGRATING BAND OF DEEP LAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED 
ISOLATED TOWERING CUMULI EXTENDED ACROSS HAWAIIAN WATERS BETWEEN THE 
LINE FROM 25N 170W TO 30N 166W...AND THE CURVE FROM 20N 180 TO 24N 
161W TO 30N 151W. THIN LAYERED HIGH CLOUDS ALSO PARTLY OBSCURED 
LOWER FEATURES UP TO ABOUT 350 MILES SOUTHEAST FROM THE LEADING EDGE 
OF THE MAIN CLOUD BAND. THIS FEATURE AS A WHOLE DRIFTED EAST SLOWLY.

ANOTHER BAND OF LOW TO MIDDLE CLOUD LAYERS ASSOCIATED WITH A SECOND 
FRONT EXTENDED ACROSS HAWAIIAN WATERS WITHIN 120 MILES OF THE CURVE 
FROM 30N 163W TO 23N 146W TO 23N 140W AND FURTHER NORTHEAST. DENSELY 
PACKED COLD-AIR CUMULI PREVAILED BETWEEN THIS BAND AND 30N. THIS 
FEATURE MOVED SOUTH SLOWLY.

TO THE SOUTH...LIGHT THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY CONTINUED IN THE ITCZ 
BETWEEN 13N AND 06N. LAYERED HIGH TO MIDDLE DEBRIS CLOUDS FROM THIS 
AND EARLIER CONVECTION PARTLY TO MOSTLY OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES 
BETWEEN 04N AND THE CURVE FROM 14N 180 TO 15N 175W TO 10N 160W TO 
19N 149W TO 18N 140W.

ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS DEVELOPED WITHIN 75 MILES OF THE POINT 17N 
158W. LAYERED HIGH TO MIDDLE DEBRIS CLOUDS FROM THIS AND EARLIER 
CONVECTION PARTLY OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES WITHIN 75 MILES OF THE 
LINE FROM 17N 158W TO 16N 154W.

OTHERWISE...CLOUD COVER ACROSS HAWAIIAN WATERS CONSISTED MAINLY OF 
SMALL UNORGANIZED CLUMPS OF MARINE CUMULUS AND STRATOCUMULUS. THESE 
CLOUDS GENERALLY DRIFTED WEST SLOWLY. THEY ROSE MOSTLY TO HEIGHTS OF 
5000 TO 7000 FEET...THOUGH TALLER CUMULI APPROACHED 15000 FEET.

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...CLOUD COVER CONSISTED MOSTLY OF 
LAYERED DEBRIS CLOUDS FROM TOWERING CUMULI JUST OFFSHORE FROM THE 
NORTHWEST COAST OF KAUAI...AND ALONG THE SOUTHEAST CLOCKWISE 
THROUGH WEST COASTS OF THE BIG ISLAND. FEW CLOUDS WERE PRESENT 
OTHERWISE. RADAR DATA FROM NEAR THE ISLANDS SHOWED SCATTERED SHOWERS 
ALONG THE NORTHWEST COAST OF KAUAI...AND OFFSHORE TO THE SOUTHEAST 
CLOCKWISE THROUGH WEST OF THE BIG ISLAND. THE LOWER CLOUDS VARIED 
CONSIDERABLY IN HEIGHT FROM 5000 TO 15000 FEET...WHILE THE TOWERING 
CUMULI AND THEIR DEBRIS CLOUDS APPROACHED 25000 FEET.

$$

RYSHKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.