Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 09:13:14 -0600

325 
ATPQ40 PGUM 251512
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST SUN DEC 26 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM NEAR MIDWAY ISLAND THROUGH 
25N180 TO NORTHEAST OF WAKE ISLAND AT 22N170E...THEN CONTINUES AS A 
SHEAR LINE TO ANATAHAN AT 16N145E TO FINALLY END AT 14N133E. 
CLOUDINESS AND AREAS OF LIGHT RAIN ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 180 
MILES NORTHWEST OF THE COLD FRONT. PATCHY CLOUDS AND WIDELY 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE SEEN ALONG AND UP TO 150 MILES NORTHWEST OF 
THE SHEAR LINE.

A SURFACE TROUGH RUNS NORTHWESTWARD FROM 6N134E TO BEYOND 130E AT 
20N. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE PRESENT NEAR THE TROUGH AXIS...OR BETWEEN 
KOROR AND YAP WITHIN 90 MILES OF A LINE FROM 14N130E TO 13N133E TO 
6N138E.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH REACHES SOUTHEASTWARD FROM MINDANAO THROUGH 
5N130E TO END AT EQ142E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING NEAR THE SOUTHEASTERN END OF THE TROUGH 
BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 5N FROM 133E TO 146E.

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH HEADS NORTHEASTWARD FROM SOUTH OF CHUUK AT 
4N151E TO SOUTH OF WAKE ISLAND AT 17N167E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE 
EVIDENT JUST SOUTH OF CHUUK NEAR THE TROUGH AXIS WITHIN 100 MILES OF 
A LINE FROM 3N147E TO 7N155E. WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE ALSO 
HAPPENING BETWEEN CHUUK AND WAKE ISLAND WITHIN 95 MILES OF A LINE 
FROM 12N155E TO 17N170E.

A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS CAUSING WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS OVER 
KWAJALEIN...MAJURO AND EASTWARD TO THE DATE LINE BETWEEN 6N AND 8N 
FROM 168E TO 180.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.