Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 10:01:06 -0600

063 
FZPN01 KWBC 251600
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SAT DEC 25 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 25. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 26. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 27. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 46N125W 1000 MB MOVING N 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
38N125W TO 30N127W. WITHIN 180 NM NE QUADRANT AND 120 NM E OF 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 117W 
AND 125W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 122W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER 55N142W 984 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE 
AND E OF A LINE FROM 58N142W TO 54N136W TO 49N133W WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MERGED LOW 56N149W 986 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N AND 
NW AND 480 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N151W 985 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S QUADRANT 
AND 180 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 
FT...HIGHEST OVER S QUADRANT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW JUST W OF AREA 43N159E 996 MB MOVING N 20 KT. FROM 33N TO 
45N BETWEEN 160E AND 165E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST NW OF AREA 51N158E 994 MB. FRONT TO 
EXTEND FROM LOW TO 45N169E TO 40N171E TO 37N162E. WITHIN 300 NM 
NE OF A LINE FROM 52N166E TO 49N173E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 
TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM E AND SE OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED NW OF AREA. WITHIN 240 NM NE OF 
A LINE FROM 52N165E TO 47N176E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 21 
FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 48N143W 990 MB MOVING NE 15 KT WILL TURN N AFTER 24 HOURS. 
WITHIN 600 NM S AND 660 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N135W 989 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW AND 720 
NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N140W 990 MB. WITHIN 60 NM NE AND 120 NM 
SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
48N TO 59N BETWEEN 129W AND 141W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 39N180W 1001 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. WITHIN 360 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
300 NM W OF A LINE FROM 48N174E TO 40N178E TO 32N177W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N169W 998 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 360 NM S AND 540 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 18 FT...HIGHEST IN W QUADRANT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N158W 1003 MB. FROM 30N TO 41N BETWEEN 
154W AND 176W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT WITH NW SWELL.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 43N175W 1001 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 53N166E 
TO 47N177E TO 43N175W. WITHIN 360 NM NE QUADRANT AND 420 NM NE 
OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM NE OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N173W 999 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NW AND 360 
NM N AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...GALE WARNING...
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 52N BETWEEN 160W AND A LINE FROM 
51N167W TO 60N178W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 51N BETWEEN 161W AND 177W N TO NW WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER THE BERING SEA E OF 177W N TO NW WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N163E 985 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
TO 44N167E TO 34N158E. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND E OF FRONT WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 48N BETWEEN 
160E AND 171E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF A LINE FROM 56N154W TO 58N174W TO 60N171E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF A LINE 
FROM 55N155W TO 57N172W TO 60N171E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF A LINE 
FROM 55N155W TO 58N175W TO 60N173E. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 38N169W 1002 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
34N165W TO 30N165W. WITHIN 240 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS AND 240 NM 
E OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N161W 998 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW AND 
FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 148W AND 156W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N139W 1004 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NE QUADRANT 
AND WITHIN 480 NM E OF A LINE FROM LOW TO 38N145W TO 30N152W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 37N TO 44N 
BETWEEN 171W AND 180W.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING.

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 42N TO 47N BETWEEN 170E AND 164E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 45N BETWEEN 169E AND 
165E.

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 43N139W TO 40N145W TO 34N147W.  

.HIGH 35N150W 1020 MB MOVING SE 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 31N167E 1019 MB MOVING NE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N171E 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N176E 1020 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SAT DEC 25.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN DEC 26.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON DEC 27.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 
14N95W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W N 
TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 14 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N127W TO 20N137W. N OF 24N E OF FRONT TO 124W 
S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. W OF 
FRONT N OF24N  NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 30N117W TO 
22N125W. NW OF FRONT TO 123W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN 
NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE W OF LINE FROM 30N117W TO 22N125W TO 
17N140W. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 26N E OF 122W NW TO N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W 
OF 113W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N96W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 12N98W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 12N98W TO 11N102W N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
11N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 08N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 104W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.

.18 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 11N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 12N W OF 89W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 16N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 20N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.

.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N E OF 80W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PANAMA NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC SAT DEC 25...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 05N78W TO 08N109W 
TO 09N122W TO 09N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION NOTED.

$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.