Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 10:45:31 -0600

087 
FZPN40 PHFO 251645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SAT DEC 25 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 25 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 26 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 27 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N162W TO 25N157W TO 23N152W TO 22N143W 
MOVING E 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.FRONT FROM 30N166W TO 24N169W TO 21N173W TO 16N168E. FRONT N OF 22N 
MOVING E 15 KT...AND NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING ELSEWHERE. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM E AND SE OF FRONT N OF 
20N...AND WITHIN 60 NM W OF FRONT N OF 20N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N158W TO 17N175W. S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT N OF 26N BETWEEN 149W AND 155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. ASSOCIATED WINDS DECREASED TO 
20 KT OR LESS.

.FRONT FROM 30N177E TO 24N168E TO 22N160E. FRONT N OF 24N MOVING 
E 20 KT...AND NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING ELSEWHERE. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF FRONT N OF 25N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 22N179W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 17N175W.

.TROUGH FROM 18N155W TO 14N161W MOVING NW 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH N OF 16N.

.RIDGE FROM 30N165E TO 29N160E MOVING E SLOWLY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N148W TO 26N141W MOVING ENE 20 KT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF A LINE FROM 30N164E TO 
28N160E.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 26N140W TO 26N158W TO 30N166W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 23N140W TO 22N150W TO 
30N179E. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N176E TO 20N160E. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT E OF A LINE FROM 00N143W TO 12N151W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 09N140W TO 
10N152W TO 19N157W TO 19N168W TO 26N176W TO 14N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N162W TO 
10N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N155W TO 15N165W TO 
00N158W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 10N162W TO 06N171E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS 
FROM 07N TO 10N E OF 145W...FROM 09N TO 11N BETWEEN 145W AND 
151W...AND FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 164W AND 173W. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM OF ITCZ.

$$

.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.