Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 15:53:22 -0600

094 
FZPN01 KWBC 252152
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SAT DEC 25 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 25. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 26. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 27. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N160E 988 MB. FROM 32N TO 45N BETWEEN 
160E AND 166E AND WITHIN 240 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 52N165E TO 
50N173E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N165E 979 MB. BETWEEN 300 NM AND 540 NM 
N QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 30N166E TO 40N174E TO 48N178W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 48N126W TO 38N125W TO 31N124W. WITHIN 180 NM 
E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED INLAND. FROM 30N TO 35N 
BETWEEN 117W AND 123W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 123W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N142W 985 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. WITHIN 120 NM NE AND E OF A 
LINE FROM LOW TO 55N136W TO 48N131W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MERGED WITH LOW 56N149W DESCRIBED IN 
PARAGRAPH BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 55N145W 985 MB MOVING W 05 KT. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 660 NM W 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N149W 986 MB. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED 
BELOW...WITHIN 660 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N150W 986 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 45N160E 996 MB MOVING NW 20 KT. WITHIN 180 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 31N TO 49N 
BETWEEN 160E AND 168E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED NW OF AREA. FROM 32N TO 47N BETWEEN 
160E AND 179E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 18 FT WITH W TO SW 
SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 48N141W 990 MB MOVING NE 15 KT WILL TURN NW AFTER 24 HOURS. 
BETWEEN 120 NM AND 720 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N134W 990 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 720 NM 
S QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 20 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N142W 988 MB. WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 38N177W 1000 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N168W 998 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S QUADRANT 
AND BETWEEN 180 NM AND 540 NM N QUADRANT AND BETWEEN 240 NM AND 
600 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT...HIGHEST 
IN W QUADRANT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N155W 1006 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N OF A LINE 
FROM 36N170W TO 37N161W 39N153W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 
FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 42N174W 994 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 300 NM NE AND 420 NM 
NW QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 420 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 53N167E TO 
48N175E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
36N168W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 58N BETWEEN 168W AND 171W N WINDS 35 
TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER ICE FREE WATERS N OF 
51N BETWEEN 164W AND 177W N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER THE BERING SEA BETWEEN 161W AND 179W N TO 
NW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER THE BERING SEA N OF 57N BETWEEN 164W AND 
176W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.  

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 38N166W 1000 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
34N163W TO 30N163W. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND S QUADRANTS AND 300 NM 
E OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N153W 1001 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SE QUADRANT 
AND FROM 39N TO 42N BETWEEN 154W AND 162W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N130W 1004 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
TO 40N139W TO 34N143W. WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT AND 240 NM E 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF A LINE FROM 55N154W TO 58N174W TO 61N173E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF A LINE 
FROM 55N155W TO 57N172W TO 60N171E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF A LINE 
FROM 56N155W TO 56N167W TO 61N173E. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 42N TO 48N BETWEEN 171E AND 166E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 48N BETWEEN 177E AND 
168E. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 34N TO 40N BETWEEN 150W AND 153W.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
45N131W TO 40N140W TO 35N145W. 

.HIGH 32N171E 1019 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N172E 1019 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N177E 1018 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SAT DEC 25.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN DEC 26.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON DEC 27.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
14N96W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
13N97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 15 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 14N96W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 14N96W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 11N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
12N98W TO 11N102W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 
08N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 103W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
11N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 104W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N124W TO 26N127W TO 20N139W. N OF 26N WITHIN 
150 NM E OF FRONT S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW 
SWELL. W OF FRONT TO A LINE FROM 30N131W TO 24N140W NW TO N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF FRONT 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 12 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 29N114W TO 
24N118W. W OF FRONT TO 120W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 25N120W TO 16N140W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 25N BETWEEN 114W AND 
122W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
N OF 20N W OF 113W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL.

.18 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.42 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 12N W OF 89W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 08N89W NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.

.FROM 08N TO 13N W OF 128W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT 
IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 19N W OF 121W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 20N W OF 122W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N W OF 135W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 06N W OF 135W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT IN SE SWELL.

.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 06N E OF 80W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PANAMA NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC SAT DEC 25...

.TROUGH FROM 11N120W TO 06N122W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 07N TO 
09N BETWEEN 118W AND 124W.  

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 05N77W TO 08N109W 
TO 09N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION NOTED.

$$
.FORECASTER HUFFMAN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.