Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 16:40:30 -0600

548 
FZPN40 PHFO 252240
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SAT DEC 25 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 25 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 26 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 27 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N162W TO 23N170W TO 16N170E. FRONT N OF 25N 
MOVING E 10 KT. SECOND FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 25N156W TO 22N145W ALSO 
MOVING E 10 KT. WIND 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM E OF SECOND FRONT N 
OF 27N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT BETWEEN 164W 
AND 170W...ALSO WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 27N157W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONTS MERGED. FRONT FROM 30N156W TO 23N170W TO 
19N180E. ASSOCIATED WINDS DECREASED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT BECOMING STATIONARY FROM 30N154W TO 18N170W

.FRONT FROM 30N175E TO 27N180E TO 25N172E TO 22N160E. FRONT N OF 24N 
MOVING E 20 KT...AND NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING ELSEWHERE. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM SE OF FRONT E OF 174E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N165W TO 23N180W TO CONTINUING AS 
SHEAR LINE 2N1165E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N159W TO 19N174W.

.TROUGH FROM 16N156W TO 12N157W MOVING NW 10 KT.

.HIGH 29N141W MOVING E 20 KT. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 30N146W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED E OF FORECAST AREA.

.RIDGE FROM 30N167E TO 28N160E MOVING E SLOWLY.

.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 09N TO 15N E OF 150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 09N TO 17N E OF 152W. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT NEAR 30N160E. S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 
A LINE FROM 30N165E TO 27N160E.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 23N140W TO 23N150W TO 30N160W. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 20N140W TO 19N150W TO 
24N170W TO 30N180E TO 16N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF OF 08N E OF 156W. SEAS 8 TO 
13 FT N OF LINE 30N164W TO 23N180E TO 18N170W TO 15N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT S OF OF 21N E OF 156W...AND N OF 
LINE 30N160W TO 15N180E TO 14N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ E PORTION FROM 08N140W TO 10N150W TO 09N154W. W PORTION ITCZ 
FROM 09N164W TO 08N180E TO 06N166E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
60 NM OF ITCZ E OF 150W...ALSO WITHIN 120 NM S OF ITCZ BETWEEN 164W 
AND 175W...AND WITHIN 30 NM OF ITCZ W OF 180E.

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.