Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 21:11:47 -0600

500 
ATPQ40 PGUM 260311
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST SUN DEC 26 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A WEAKENING SHEAR LINE STRETCHES WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 19N180 TO 
SOUTH OF WAKE ISLAND AT 16N166E BEFORE ENDING EAST OF THE MARIANAS 
AT 13N153E. SCATTERED TO WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG 
AND UP TO 130 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS FEATURE.

CONVERGING LOW-LEVEL WINDS ARE PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS OVER THE 
CNMI WITHIN 80 MILES OF A LINE FROM 19N133E TO 19N147E.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH RUNS SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 5N130E TO END AT 
EQ141E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND SOUTH OF 
KOROR ALONG AND UP TO 140 MILES SOUTHWEST OF A LINE FROM 3N130E TO 
EQ135E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE LOCATED WEST OF KOROR BETWEEN 9N AND 
6N FROM 130E TO 132E.

A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM 1N143E TO END NORTHEAST 
OF CHUUK AT 10N154E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
ARE OCCURRING JUST SOUTHWEST OF CHUUK WITHIN 130 MILES OF A LINE 
FROM 4N141E TO 4N146E TO 7N151E.

A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS OVER MAJURO 
BETWEEN 10N AND 5N FROM 170E TO 180.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.