Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 21:46:22 -0600

021 
FZPN01 KWBC 260345
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SUN DEC 26 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 26. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 27. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 28. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 47N161E 996 MB MOVING N 10 KT. FROM 45N TO 50N W OF 167E AND
WITHIN 360 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 53N166E TO 48N176E WINDS 25 TO 35
KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 32N TO 38N W OF 166E...FROM
43N TO 51N W OF 170E...AND WITHIN 480 NM NE OF A LINE FROM
53N166E TO 48N176E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA WITH NEW LOW FORMED NEAR 49N167E
1002 MB. WITHIN 480 NM NE SEMICIRCLE OF NEW LOW WINDS 25 TO 35
KT. SEAS 11 TO 19 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N165E 990 MB. FROM 51N TO 54N W OF 174E
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 48N166E
BELOW.

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW JUST W OF AREA WITH MAIN CENTER
NEAR 40N157E 994 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT.
SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM NE AND 480 NM SE
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N166E 978 MB. WITHIN 420 NM NE QUADRANT
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ALSO WITHIN 600 NM NE...
960 NM S AND SE...660 NM SW AND 300 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO
40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.COMPLEX LOW WITH ONE CENTER 37N174W 998 MB MOVING E 15 KT AND A
SECOND CENTER 42N174W 998 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SW
AND 600 NM NW QUADRANTS OF FIRST CENTER AND WITHIN 360 NM NE
SEMICIRCLE OF SECOND CENTER WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N165W 998 MB. FROM 30N TO 44N BETWEEN
159W AND 179W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N149W 1009 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND 360 NM
W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 39N164W 997 MB MOVING E 20 KT WILL TURN NE AFTER 24 HOURS.
WITHIN 300 NM NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM N AND NE...480 NM S AND SE AND 180 NM SW
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N149W 1001 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM SE
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N129W 1000 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW
CENTER TO 33N145W. WITHIN 120 NM NE AND 360 NM SE QUADRANTS AND
ALSO WITHIN 180 NM E AND SE OF FRONT N OF 37N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT.
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM NE AND 480 NM SE
QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 300 NM E AND SE OF ENTIRE FRONT WINDS 20 TO
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 480 NM W AND SW OF A LINE FROM 51N153W TO 56N160W AND
OVER THE BERING SEA N OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS E OF 178W TO THE
COAST OF ALASKA WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 420 NM W AND SW OF A LINE FROM 52N155W
TO 58N162W TO 66N167W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 60N BETWEEN 167W AND 173W AREA OF N WINDS
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER THE BERING SEA N AND
NE OF A LINE FROM 53N169W TO 59N179E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12
FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 47N139W 986 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 720 NM S AND SE AND
600 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 21 FT.
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 1020 NM S AND SE AND 780 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N135W 991 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 720 NM S
AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 57N147W BELOW WITH 
CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 48N129W ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.COMPLEX LOW WITH ONE CENTER 51N132W 988 MB MOVING N 20 KT AND A
SECOND CENTER 58N141W 984 MB MOVING W 10 KT. WITHIN 180 NM E
SEMICIRCLE OF FIRST CENTER AND WITHIN 180 NM NE SEMICIRCLE OF
SECOND CENTER WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH ONE CENTER 58N138W 988 MB AND
A SECOND CENTER 58N150W 988 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM FIRST CENTER
TO SECOND CENTER. WITHIN 120 NM N OF FRONT E OF 147W WINDS 25 TO
35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N147W 986 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE AND 660 NM
W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF A LINE FROM 55N155W TO 59N180W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF A LINE
FROM 55N156W TO 55N170W TO 59N179E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF A LINE
FROM 55N157W TO 59N179E.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST E OF A LINE FROM 30N120W TO 34N122W AREA OF NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 118W AND 124W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 42N TO 50N BETWEEN 175E AND 166E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 50N BETWEEN 177W AND
171E.

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 32N TO 42N BETWEEN 143W AND 154W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 360 NM SE OF A LINE FROM
49N129W TO 34N150W.

.HIGH 32N171E 1021 MB MOVING SE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N174E 1019 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N129W 1026 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.36 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 47N172W 1021 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N165W 1022 MB.

.FORECASTER MILLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SUN DEC 26.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON DEC 27.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE DEC 28.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
14N96W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
13N97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 15 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 14N96W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 11N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 101W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
13N97W TO 11N102W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 13N 
BETWEEN 94W AND 104W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN 
NE SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
11N100W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W 
AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N121W TO 25N125W TO 21N136W. N OF 28N WITHIN 
120 NM E OF FRONT S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL. 
W OF FRONT TO 127W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 
FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 25N BETWEEN 114W 
AND 122W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N BETWEEN 114W AND 122W NW TO N WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W OF 113W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N89W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 08N91W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
9 FT.

.FROM 07N TO 13N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT 
IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 20N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 20N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N W OF 135W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 06N W OF 130W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT IN SE SWELL.

.30 HOUR FORECAST N OF 06N E OF 80W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PANAMA...NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 05N E OF 80W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PANAMA...NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC SUN DEC 26...

.TROUGH FROM 10N122W TO 06N124W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 07N TO 
09N BETWEEN 118W AND 124W.  

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 05N77W TO 08N110W 
TO 08N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION NOTED.

$$
.FORECASTER HUFFMAN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.