Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 22:40:32 -0600

412 
FZPN40 PHFO 260440
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SUN DEC 26 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 26 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 27 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 28 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAKENING COLD FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 23N170W TO 17N170E. FRONT N OF 
25N MOVING E 10 KT. WARM FRONT FROM 30N158W TO 24N150W MOVING NE 15 
KT. WIND 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 150 NM E OF WARM FRONT N OF 27N. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF COLD FRONT N OF 23N AND 
BETWEEN 173W AND 180E...ALSO WITHIN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 153W AND 
157W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WARM FRONT N OF FORECAST AREA. FRONT BECOMING 
STATIONARY FROM 30N155W TO 20N170W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N 
BETWEEN 145W AND 154W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N155W TO 26N160W TO 19N171W. 
ASSOCIATED WINDS DECREASED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N172W TO 26N180E TO 25N170E TO 22N160E. FRONT N 
OF 26N MOVING E 20 KT...AND NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING 
ELSEWHERE. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT E OF 174E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N163W TO 23N174W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH FIRST FRONT.

.WEAK TROUGH RELOCATED FROM 21N162W TO 16N166W MOVING N 10 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 28N140W TO 30N147W MOVING N SLOWLY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N167E TO 28N160E MOVING E SLOWLY.

.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 09N TO 15N E OF 150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 09N TO 17N E OF 152W. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N163E TO 26N160E. S WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 23N140W TO 23N150W TO 30N160W. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 20N140W TO 19N150W TO 
24N170W TO 30N180E TO 16N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF OF 08N E OF 156W. SEAS 8 TO 
13 FT N OF LINE 30N164W TO 23N180E TO 18N170W TO 15N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT S OF OF 21N E OF 156W...AND N OF 
LINE 30N160W TO 15N180E TO 14N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ E PORTION FROM 08N140W TO 10N150W TO 09N154W. W PORTION ITCZ 
FROM 09N164W TO 08N180E TO 06N166E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
120 NM N OF ITCZ E OF 150W AND WITHIN 30 NM S OF ITCZ E OF 150W...
ALSO WITHIN 90 NM S OF ITCZ BETWEEN 164W AND 177W...AND WITHIN 30 NM 
OF ITCZ W OF 180E.

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.