Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 03:51:55 -0600

060 
FZPN01 KWBC 260951
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SUN DEC 26 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 26. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 27. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 28. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA 42N158E 1002 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FROM 33N TO 42N W
OF 171E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N169E 998 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E AND NE AND
420 NM N AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 21 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WITHIN 180 NM N OF A LINE FROM
50N177E TO 50N162E AREA OF E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 47N168E BELOW.

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N160E 984 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND 480 NM
S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N168E 968 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW AND
BETWEEN 120 NM AND 480 NM E AND NE...AND BETWEEN 90 NM AND 360 NM
NW QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ALSO WITHIN 780
NM NE...840 NM SE...600 NM SW AND 480 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO
40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 48N162E 996 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND 180 NM
S AND SE QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 360 NM N OF A LINE FROM 49N176E TO
53N167E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS MOVED W OF AREA.

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH ONE CENTER 37N171W 998 MB MOVING E 15 KT AND A
SECOND CENTER 42N173W 998 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 480 NM W AND
SW QUADRANTS OF FIRST CENTER AND WITHIN 300 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND
420 NM SW QUADRANT OF SECOND CENTER WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO
20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N162W 1001 MB. FROM 31N TO 43N BETWEEN
157W AND 177W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N146W 1012 MB. WITHIN 480 NM W AND NW
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 39N162W 998 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM N SEMICIRCLE
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM N
SEMICIRCLE AND FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 151W AND 159W WINDS 20 TO
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N146W 1003 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E AND 360 NM
SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN
660 NM SE QUADRANT N OF 30N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N127W 1000 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
48N125W TO 39N138W. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SE OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO
40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM S AND SE OF FRONT
AND WITHIN 120 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.WITHIN 420 NM W AND SW OF A LINE FROM 52N155W TO 56N160W AND
OVER THE BERING SEA N OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS E OF 179W TO THE
COAST OF ALASKA WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS AND E AND NE OF A
LINE FROM 53N171W TO 59N179E TO THE COAST OF ALASKA WINDS 25 TO
35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 60N BETWEEN 167W AND 174W AREA OF N WINDS
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER THE BERING SEA N OF
58N W OF 166W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 48N136W 988 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FROM 36N TO 46N BETWEEN 127W
AND 144W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 35N
TO 48N E OF 150W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N136W 993 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 540 NM S
AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 43N TO 53N E OF 145W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 57N149W
BELOW.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 54N134W 986 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. WITHIN 180 NM E AND NE 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 56N152W 
BELOW.

...GALE WARNING...
.COMPLEX LOW WITH ONE CENTER 60N144W 985 MB MOVING SW 10 KT AND 
A SECOND CENTER 56N148W 985 MB MOVING W 10 KT. WITHIN 120 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE OF FIRST CENTER WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM W SEMICIRCLE OF FIRST CENTER AND WITHIN 
300 NM SW AND 240 NM NW QUADRANTS OF SECOND CENTER WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N152W 990 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 360 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 46N TO 61N BETWEEN 145W 
AND 168W...EXCEPT S OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N149W 990 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SE AND 480 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF A LINE FROM 55N155W TO 55N166W TO 58N178E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF A LINE
FROM 56N155W TO 55N165W TO 59N179E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF A LINE 
FROM 56N155W TO 58N177E.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 122W AREA OF N TO NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 118W AND 123W AREA OF N
TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM
FROM 33N TO 44N BETWEEN 140W AND 157W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM S OF A LINE FROM 
47N125W TO 36N149W.

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM
FROM 41N TO 52N BETWEEN 172W AND 176E.

.HIGH 32N172E 1020 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N176E 1018 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N129W 1025 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.36 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 45N167W 1019 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N160W 1023 MB.

.FORECASTER MILLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SUN DEC 26.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON DEC 27.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE DEC 28.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 14N96W INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
13N97W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 
KT.  SEAS 11 TO 15 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST  CONDITIONS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 15N95W TO 13N97W  N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 11N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.  ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 101W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.30 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
13N97W TO 11N104W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.  ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 13N BETWEEN 
94W AND 105W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
11N100W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT.  ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 
105W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N121W TO 22N121W TO 22N130W.  N OF 28N WITHIN 
60 NM E OF FRONT  SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.  W 
OF FRONT TO 124W  NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL.  ELSEWHERE W OF FRONT  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 12 TO 
15 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT DISSIPATED.  N OF 27N E OF 120W  
NW TO N WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.  ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W OF 
118W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 25N FROM 114W TO 120W  NW TO N WINDS 20 
KT.  SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W OF 114W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.06 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 90W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.

.06 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 08N TO 13N W OF 123W  NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 07N TO 20N W OF 120W  NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 06N TO 20N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT.  SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 06N E OF 80W INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA 
...NW TO N WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 05N E OF 80W INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA 
...NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST  S OF 06N W OF 120W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  
SEAS TO10 FT IN SE SWELL. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SUN DEC 26...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 05N77W TO 05N93W TO 
08N110W TO 09N140W.  NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.