Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 04:45:34 -0600

629 
FZPN40 PHFO 261045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SUN DEC 26 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 26 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 27 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 28 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N159W TO 22N170W TO A LOW AT 21N179W 1009 
MB...CONTINUING TO 17N170E THENCE SHEAR LINE THROUGH 14N160E. 
LOW...FRONTS MOVING E AND SE 10 KT. SHEAR LINE NEARLY STATIONARY.
ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 260 NM SE QUADRANT. SCATTERED TSTMS WITHIN 60 
NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 30N153W TO 21N161W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...LOW ALONG FRONT DISSIPATED. FRONT FROM 30N155W 
TO 24N160W TO 22N167W TO 17N175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST...FRONT MERGED WITH ANOTHER FRONT FROM THE WEST. 
SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N170W TO 26N175W THENCE DISSIPATING FRONT TO 
25N175E TO 22N167E TO 23N160E. COLD FRONT MOVING E AND SE 30 KT.
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 29N BETWEEN 167W AND 175W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 23N170W TO 21N175W.
WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT MERGED WITH WEAKENING FRONT NOTED 
ABOVE. NEW STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N153W TO 25N161W TO 19N170W TO 
17N178W.

.FRONT FROM 20N140W TO 24N150W TO 30N155W. PORTION OF FRONT N OF 24N 
MOVING NE 20 KT AS A DISSIPATING WARM FRONT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 150 NM E OF WARM FRONT
.24 HOUR FORECAST WARM FRONT DISSIPATED...WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT 
OR LESS.

.36 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT VICINITY OF 30N160W MOVING ESE 20 KT 
AND SLOWING. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 25N W OF 166E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N165E TO 26N164E TO 24N160E.
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 26N BETWEEN 173E AND 162E.
  
.TROUGH FROM 24N161W TO 17N167W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 28N140W TO 30N147W MOVING N SLOWLY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N167E TO 28N160E MOVING S SLOWLY.

.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 09N TO 15N E OF 155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 09N TO 17N E OF 168W. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N AND W OF A LINE FROM 30N170W TO 26N170W TO 
25N180E TO 14N162E. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT N OF 19N E OF 160W.
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 10N140W TO 10N155W TO 
19N155W TO 19N170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 
24N170W TO 24N177E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
24N170W TO 16N176E TO 15N160E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE E OF A LINE 
FROM 30N152W TO 10N160W TO  00N160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 14 FT BETWEEN 17N AND 08N E OF 150W. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE S AND E OF A LINE FROM 20N140W TO 
20N152W TO 15N160W TO 00N163W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 
30N153W TO 20N169W TO 14N175W TO 14N167E TO 24N167E TO  24N160E.

.OTHERWISE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 09N165W TO 07N165E. ISOLATED TSTMS BETWEEN
ITCZ AND 13N E OF 150W.

$$
.FORECASTER LAU. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.