Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 08:51:04 -0600

191 
ATPQ40 PGUM 261450
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST MON DEC 27 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A WEAKENING SHEAR LINE STRETCHES WESTWARD FROM 17N180...PASSING 
SOUTH OF WAKE ISLAND...TO END EAST OF THE MARIANAS AT 13N150E. 
CLOUDINESS AND PATCHY RAIN ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 150 MILES NORTH 
OF THIS FEATURE WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS OCCURRING EAST OF 175E.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM NEAR IWO TO ISLAND AT 
25N143E TO 18N134E...THEN CONTINUES AS A STATIONARY FRONT BEYOND 
130E AT 14N. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE PRESENT ALONG AND UP TO 200 MILES 
NORTHWEST OF THE FRONT EAST OF 136E.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH RUNS SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 4N130E TO END AT 
EQ141E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND SOUTH OF 
KOROR SOUTH OF A LINE FROM 6N130E TO 1N143E.

A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM 2N142E TO END NORTHWEST 
OF CHUUK AT 11N149E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
ARE OCCURRING BETWEEN 3N AND 9N FROM 140E TO 147E.

A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS NEAR MAJURO 
BETWEEN 5N AND 9N FROM 168E TO 178E.

$$

AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.