Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 09:48:54 -0600

393 
FZPN01 KWBC 261548
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SUN DEC 26 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 26. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 27. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 28. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 44N161E 1002 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N167E 994 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N OF A LINE 
FROM 51N164E TO 50N176E AREA OF E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
22 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 50N AND W OF 179E AND FROM 44N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 178W AND 177E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 48N170E BELOW. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N163E 981 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
43N166E TO 38N163E TO 34N160E. WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW AND 240 NM E 
OF FRONT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 30N164E TO 38N173E TO 45N173E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N170E 968 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
51N174W TO 43N178E TO 30N169E. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 420 NM NW 
QUADRANT AND WITHIN 300 NM N OF A LINE FROM 49N170E TO 51N178W 
TO 51N176W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 33 FT...HIGHEST IN NW 
QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 780 NM S AND SW AND 660 
NM N QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 540 NM E OF FRONT...EXCEPT 420 NM E OF 
FRONT S OF 39N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 50N162E 998 MB MOVING W 20 KT. WITHIN 600 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS MOVED W OF AREA. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH ONE CENTER 38N169W 998 MB MOVING E 20 KT AND A 
SECOND CENTER 41N173W 998 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 480 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS OF FIRST CENTER AND 
WITHIN 300 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND 420 NM SW QUADRANT OF SECOND 
CENTER WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N157W 1004 MB. FROM 31N TO 41N BETWEEN 
155W AND 176W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 39N160W 999 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. WITHIN 240 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
AND FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 148W AND 155W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N138W 1004 MB. WITHIN 360 NM E QUADRANT 
AND 360 NM E OF A FRONT FROM LOW TO 32N149W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 51N124W 998 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 44N126W TO 35N135W. WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 56N E OF 176W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 
30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER THE BERING SEA E 
OF 180W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N 56N BETWEEN 166W AND 176W N TO NW WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE NE OF A LINE FROM 53N172W 
TO 59N180W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER THE BERING SEA N OF 56N AND W OF 169W N 
TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 49N134W 990 MB MOVING NW 20 KT. FROM 37N TO 46N BETWEEN 
125W AND 142W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 34N TO 48N BETWEEN 124W AND 143W AND FROM 49N TO 53N E OF 
132W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N139W 992 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 540 NM 
S QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 56N145W 
BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N138W 987 MB MOVING W 15 KT. WITHIN 120 NM NE QUADRANT  
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 57N150W 
BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N149W 986 MB DRIFTING NW. BETWEEN 300 NM AND 660 NM S AND 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N150W 987 MB. WITHIN 120 NM N...180 NM W 
AND 540 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N145W 989 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 44N TO 56N 
BETWEEN 127W AND 159W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF A LINE FROM 55N155W TO 55N165W TO 58N178E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF A LINE 
FROM 56N155W TO 56N167W TO 60N179W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF A LINE 
FROM 56N155W TO 57N164W TO 58N177E. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 34N E OF 121W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 123W AREA OF N TO NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 118W AND 124W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 33N TO 39N 
BETWEEN 153W AND 157W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
44N139W TO 40N145W TO 34N149W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 41N TO 44N BETWEEN 169E AND 165E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 51N BETWEEN 169W AND 
179E. 

.HIGH 32N173E 1019 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N177E 1019 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 30N129W 1022 MB MOVING N 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N129W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N132W 1025 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 47N170W 1019 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N157W 1026 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SUN DEC 26.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON DEC 27.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE DEC 28.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N97W INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
14N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 15N95W TO 12N99W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 
11N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 104W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 98W 
AND 107W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN E SWELL.

.FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 12N E OF 90W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 07N94W NE 
TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 06N TO 
08B BETWEEN 90W AND 96W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE 
SWELL.

.DISSIPATING COLD FRONT 30N115W TO 25N118W. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 
FROM 30N115W TO 25N118W TO 15N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 26N E OF 122W NW TO N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 22N W 
OF 113W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N BETWEEN 118W AND 123W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W OF 112W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.  

.FROM 07N TO 17N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 22N W OF 121W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 20N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 

.12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N E OF 80W INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA NW 
TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 05N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 06N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN SE SWELL. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC SUN DEC 26...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 06N77W TO 05N90W TO 
08N111W TO 08N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION IS NOTED.

$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.