Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 10:45:39 -0600

506 
FZPN40 PHFO 261645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SUN DEC 26 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 26 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 27 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 28 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N157W TO 21N170W TO A LOW AT 21N176W 1009 
MB...CONTINUING TO 18N180E TO 16N166E TO 14N160E. LOW MOVING ENE 15 
KT. PORTION OF FRONT N OF LOW MOVING E 10 KT. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 
320 NM E SEMICIRCLE OF LOW. ALSO...SCATTERED TSTMS WITHIN 100 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 30N152W TO 22N161W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...LOW ALONG FRONT DISSIPATED. FRONT FROM 30N153W 
TO 21N167W TO 18N175W.
.36 HOUR FORECAST...FRONT MERGED WITH ANOTHER FRONT FROM THE NW.
SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N167W TO 25N173W THENCE DISSIPATING FRONT TO 
23N180E TO 23N170E. COLD FRONT MOVING E AND SE 30 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT N OF 29N BETWEEN 163W AND 173W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 24N165W TO 21N173W.
WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.36 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT MERGED WITH FRONT NOTED ABOVE...FROM
30N155W TO 24N164W TO 20N175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N155W TO 26N161W TO 
19N173W.

.FRONT FROM 21N140W TO 24N148W TO 30N151W. PORTION OF FRONT N OF 
24N MOVING E 20 KT AS A WARM FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WARM FRONT MOVED N OF FCST AREA...WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT W OF FCST AREA FROM 30N157E TO 23N150E.
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 250 NM E OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N163E TO 27N160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT N OF 24N W OF 170E.
  
.TROUGH FROM 24N160W TO 17N167W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N166E TO 28N160E MOVING S SLOWLY.

.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 09N TO 15N E OF 155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 09N TO 17N E OF 168W. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 10 TO 13 FT N OF 19N E OF 156W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 
17N E OF 160W. SEAS 10 TO 11 FT N OF 25N W OF 174E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 17N160W TO 25N174W TO 24N180E TO 14N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 13 FT N OF 24N W OF 170W.
SEAS 9 TO 12 FT BETWEEN 20N AND 07N E OF 150W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 
20N E OF 151W...BETWEEN 19N AND 07N FROM 150W TO 164W...AND 
ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 15N174E TO 15N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 14 FT BETWEEN 15N AND 03N E OF 150W.
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT S AND E OF A LINE FROM 22N140W TO 17N157W TO 00N162W.
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N153W TO 20N167W TO 20N180E...AND
N OF 26N W OF 172E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
20N167W TO 12N180E TO 12N170E TO 18N160E.

.OTHERWISE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 09N158W TO 09N170W TO 08N165E. ISOLATED TSTMS 
WITHIN 150 NM OF ITCZ EOF 175W.

$$
.FORECASTER LAU. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.