Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 12:30:37 -0600

625 
ATHW40 PHFO 261830
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC SUN DEC 26 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC DECEMBER 26 2010

A DEEP LOW PRESSURE IS CENTERED NEAR 36N 167W AND IS MOVING EAST 
NEAR 25 MPH. TWO COLD FRONTS EXTEND SOUTH AND WEST FROM THE LOW AND 
EACH FRONT HAS AN ASSOCIATED AREA OF CLOUDS AND THUNDERSTORMS. THE 
FIRST IS PRODUCING A BAND OF CLOUDS CENTERED OVER OAHU TO 30N 154W. 
THE BAND IS 200 MILES WIDE JUST NORTH OF OAHU AND EXPANDS TO 350 
MILES WIDE OVER 30N. LAYERED CLOUDS EXTEND UP TO 35 THOUSAND FEET 
WITH EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS PRODUCING CLOUD TOPS TO 45 THOUSAND 
FEET. THE SECOND FRONT IS FARTHER TO THE WEST AND IS CENTERED OVER 
17N AND THE DATELINE TO 27N 166W. THIS 300-MILE WIDE BAND CONTAINS 
EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS TO 50 THOUSAND FEET. MOST 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED ALONG THE EASTERN EDGE OF THE BAND WITHIN 
LAYERED CLOUDS THAT EXTEND TO 35 THOUSAND FEET. 

AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH LOCATED 350 MILES EAST OF HILO IS PRODUCING 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS. THE AREA OF 
CLOUDS IS WITHIN 17N TO 22N FROM 150W TO 146W. THE UPPER TROUGH AND 
CLOUDS ARE MOVING 20 MPH TOWARD THE NE. 

VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY OVER THE STATE SHOWS THE AFOREMENTIONED 
CLOUD BAND TO THE NORTH OF OAHU. SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS AND 
TOWERING CUMULUS CAN BE SEEN OVER THE ISLANDS FROM MOLOKAI TO KAUAI 
AND ALSO OVER THEIR RESPECTIVE COASTAL WATERS. INDIVIDUAL LOW CLOUDS 
SOUTH OF THE STATE ARE MOVING 20 MPH TOWARD THE NORTH. BOTH MAUI AND 
THE BIG ISLAND HAVE MOSTLY CLEAR SKIES THIS MORNING.   

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.