Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 15:52:32 -0600

790 
FZPN01 KWBC 262151
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SUN DEC 26 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 26. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 27. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 28. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 46N164E 1001 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 180 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 12 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N167E 990 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N OF A LINE 
FROM 51N162E TO 50N177E AREA OF E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 
26 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 50N AND W OF 179W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 48N175E BELOW. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N168E 980 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
TO 37N165E TO 31N160E. WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF A LINE 
FROM 30N169E TO 45N179W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N175E 969 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
51N170W TO 40N180W TO 30N172E. WITHIN 480 NM N AND 420 NM NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 32 FT...HIGHEST IN NW 
QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 1020 NM SW QUADRANTS 
AND 720 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 540 NM E OF FRONT...EXCEPT 
420 NM E OF FRONT S OF 40N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N161E 998 MB MOVING W 25 KT. WITHIN 600 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS MOVED W OF AREA. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH ONE CENTER 38N167W 997 MB MOVING E 20 KT AND A 
SECOND CENTER 40N172W 990 MB MOVING E 35 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS BETWEEN 120 NM AND 540 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS OF FIRST 
CENTER AND WITHIN 300 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND 240 NM SW QUADRANT OF 
SECOND CENTER WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N153W 1006 MB. FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 
150W AND 174W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 40N156W 1000 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. FROM 40N TO 43N BETWEEN 
152W AND 161W AND FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 143W AND 153W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N134W 1007 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
TO 39N140W TO 33N146W. WITHIN 300 NM E QUADRANT AND 360 NM E OF 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 42N125W TO 
36N130W TO 35N136W. WITHIN 180 NM SE OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 56N BETWEEN 162W AND 178W AREA OF N 
TO NW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER THE 
BERING SEA E OF 179E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N 58N BETWEEN 169W AND 178W N TO NW WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER THE BERING SEA NE OF 
A LINE FROM 53N170W TO 59N180W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER THE BERING SEA N OF 58N AND W OF 169W N 
TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N132W 990 MB MOVING NW 20 KT. WITHIN 120 NM NE QUADRANT 
AND FROM 41N TO 48N BETWEEN 125W AND 140W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 35N TO 49N BETWEEN 124W AND 
143W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N143W 990 MB. WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N140W 987 MB MOVING W 15 KT. WITHIN 120 NM NE SEMICIRCLE  
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 57N150W 
BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N149W 984 MB DRIFTING N. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 540 NM S AND 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 600 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N150W 986 MB. WITHIN 120 NM N...180 NM W 
AND 480 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N144W 989 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM SW 
AND 720 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF A LINE FROM 56N155W TO 56N170W TO 59N179E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF A LINE 
FROM 56N162W TO 61N178E. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 34N E OF 121W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 123W AREA OF N TO NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 119W AND 121W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 33N TO 39N 
BETWEEN 150W AND 155W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 32N TO 42N BETWEEN 137W AND 
146W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 44N TO 48N BETWEEN 180W AND 177E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 51N BETWEEN 165W AND 
177W. 

.HIGH 31N173E 1019 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 31N128W 1028 MB DRIFTING NW. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N129W 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 45N167W 1019 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N153W 1026 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SUN DEC 26.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON DEC 27.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE DEC 28.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N96W INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 
FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
13N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 15N95W TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
13N96W TO 09N101W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 
10N100W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W 
AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT. FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 101W AND 108W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL.

.FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N88W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 MM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 08N90W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 08N90W TO 
07N94W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.

.W OF LINE FROM 30N117W TO 18N128W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 27N135W.
.06 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N WITHIN 150 NM W OF THE COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA...NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N E OF 122W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 19N W OF 114W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 21N W OF 113W...EXCEPT NW OF LINE FROM 
30N128W TO 24N140W...WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN 
NW SWELL.  

.FROM 07N TO 18N W OF 121W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 19N W OF 121W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 21N W OF 121W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 

.06 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N E OF 80W INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA... 
NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 05N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF PANAMA...NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 05N80W 1009 MB. WITHIN 90 NM OF 
CENTER WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 06N W OF 135W SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT IN SE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 05N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN SE SWELL. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC SUN DEC 26...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 07N78W TO 04N87W TO 
LOW PRES NEAR 07N107W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 02N TO 
06N E OF 82W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 
133W AND 139W.

$$
.FORECASTER HUFFMAN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.