Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 16:45:42 -0600

605 
FZPN40 PHFO 262245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SUN DEC 26 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 26 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 27 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 28 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N165W TO 25N170W TO 24N175W THENCE A DISSIPATING 
STATIONARY FRONT TO 24N177E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 20 KT. WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT W OF FRONT IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 165W AND 175W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N157W TO 22N165W TO 18N170W.
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT E OF FRONT IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 145W AND 152W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N155W TO 27N160W TO 20N170W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N157W TO 21N170W TO 16N175E NEARLY 
STATIONARY. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF FRONT W OF 162W...AND 
WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE FROM 30N153W TO 22N159W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST...FRONT MERGED WITH ANOTHER FRONT FROM 30N157W TO 
22N165W TO 18N170W. SEE COLD FRONT MENTIONED ABOVE. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW COLD FRONT EXTENDING NE TO SW THRU 30N160E. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N165E TO 26N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N172E TO 22N160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT N OF 24N BETWEEN 178W AND 167E.
  
.RIDGE FROM 30N140W TO 26N150W TO 23N155W NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
ERODING FROM THE W 25 KT AFTER 24 HOURS.

.HIGH 31N173E 1019 MB JUST N OF FORECAST AREA. RIDGES EXTEND FROM 
HIGH TO 30N175E TO 26N176W...AND FROM HIGH TO 30N168E TO 28N160E.
HIGH AND RIDGES MOVING ESE 15 KT. 

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 10N TO 14N E OF 145W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 08N TO 15N E OF 152W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 07N TO 17N E OF 152W. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 9 TO 12 FT N AND E OF A LINE FROM 10N140W TO 10N147W TO 
30N165W. SEAS 12 TO 13 FT N OF 29N BETWEEN 172W AND 179E. SEAS 9 TO 
11 FT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 30N168W TO 25N180E TO 17N160E.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 13 FT N OF 27N BETWEEN 166W AND 175W. 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE W AND N OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 18N180E 
TO 20N160E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT FROM 07N TO 20N E OF 152W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 14 FT E OF A LINE FROM 20N140W TO 
18N147W TO 13N157W TO 00N140W. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 
30N157W TO 17N168W TO 17N177E TO 26N160E.

.OTHERWISE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 09N150W TO 09N170W TO 09N167E. ISOLATED TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 163W AND 175W.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.