Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 18:30:41 -0600

187 
ATHW40 PHFO 270030
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC MON DEC 27 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC DECEMBER 27 2010

A DEEP LOW PRESSURE IS CENTERED NEAR 37N 165W AND IS MOVING ENE 
AT 22 MPH. TWO COLD FRONTS EXTEND SOUTH AND WEST FROM THE LOW AND 
EACH FRONT HAS AN ASSOCIATED AREA OF CLOUDS AND THUNDERSTORMS. THE 
FIRST IS PRODUCING A BAND OF CLOUDS THAT EXTENDS FROM OAHU TO 30N 
153W. THE BAND IS 100 MILES ACROSS JUST NORTH OF OAHU AND EXPANDS TO 
350 MILES WIDE OVER 30N. LAYERED CLOUDS EXTEND UP TO 25 THOUSAND 
FEET WITH EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS PRODUCING CLOUD TOPS TO 45 THOUSAND 
FEET. THE SECOND FRONT IS FARTHER TO THE WEST AND IS CENTERED OVER 
17N 177W TO 27N 166W. THIS 300-MILE WIDE BAND CONTAINS EMBEDDED 
THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS TO 40 THOUSAND FEET. MOST THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
LOCATED ALONG THE EASTERN EDGE OF THE BAND WITHIN LAYERED CLOUDS 
THAT EXTEND TO 30 THOUSAND FEET. 

AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH LOCATED 400 MILES EAST OF HILO IS PRODUCING 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS. THE AREA OF 
CLOUDS IS WITHIN 18N TO 24N FROM 149W TO 143W. THE UPPER TROUGH AND 
CLOUDS ARE MOVING 20 MPH TOWARD THE NE. 

VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY OVER THE STATE SHOWS LOW CLOUDS ASSOCIATED 
WITH THE AFOREMENTIONED CLOUD BAND COVERING MOST OF OAHU. CLOUDY 
SKIES WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS ALSO COVER KAUAI AS SOUTHERLY FLOW 
BRINGS CLOUDS AND MOISTURE OVER THE STATE. MAUI COUNTY AND THE BIG 
ISLAND HAVE PARTLY CLOUDY SKIES OVER MOST AREAS WITH MOSTLY CLOUDY 
SKIES ALONG THE MID-SLOPES OF HALEAKALA...THE KONA COAST...AND THE 
SLOPES OF MAUNA KEA. INDIVIDUAL LOW CLOUDS SOUTH OF THE STATE ARE 
MOVING 20 MPH TOWARD THE NNW.

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.