Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 21:43:05 -0600

100 
FZPN01 KWBC 270342
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC MON DEC 27 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 27. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 28. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 29. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 51N160E 997 MB MOVING W 10 KT. WITHIN 660 NM E AND NE
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA. WITHIN 180 NM N OF A LINE FROM
48N178E TO 51N162E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 23 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL W OF AREA WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED
WITH LOW 45N170E BELOW.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA 38N155E 992 MB MOVING NE 25 KT AND INTENSIFYING.
FROM 30N TO 39N W OF 166E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N163E 986 MB. WITHIN 360 NM E...600 NM S
AND SW QUADRANTS...AND 180 NM NW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N170E 975 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 480 NM 
N QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ALSO W OF A LINE 
FROM 30N173E TO 48N170W TO 54N177E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 
21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH ONE CENTER 48N176E 970 MB AND 
A SECOND NEW CENTER 51N172W 982 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS OF FIRST CENTER WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. 
ALSO WITHIN 600 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND 1020 NM S AND SE...AND 900
NM SW QUADRANTS OF FIRST CENTER...AND WITHIN 360 NM NE AND 720 
NM SE QUADRANTS OF SECOND CENTER WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
28 FT WITH HIGHEST SEAS NEAR 47N169E.

...GALE WARNING...
.OVER ICE FREE WATERS OF THE BERING SEA N OF A LINE FROM 56N164W 
TO 54N171W TO 58N180W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
ELSEWHERE OVER THE BERING SEA N OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS AND NE 
OF A LINE FROM 53N174W TO 57M176E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 59N W OF 168W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO
15 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 57N W OF 167W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 60N W OF 167W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13
FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 37N165W 997 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 360 NM N QUADRANT 
AND BETWEEN 180 NM AND 540 NM W AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 44N BETWEEN 157W AND 
178W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N149W 1008 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 40N150W 1001 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM NE
AND 600 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS N OF 30N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N129W 1003 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW
CENTER TO 31N149W. WITHIN 300 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS...AND 300 NM
E OF FRONT N OF 37N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE
WITHIN 360 NM E AND SE OF FRONT N OF 30N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS
8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 39N124W TO
32N138W. WITHIN 240 NM SE OF FRONT N OF 30N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N131W 993 MB MOVING NW 20 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN
480 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
ELSEWHERE FROM 41N TO 51N E OF 150W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO
15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N138W 994 MB. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH
LOW 57N149W BELOW.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY COMPLEX LOW DESCRIBED BELOW.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N142W 985 MB MOVING W 15 KT WILL TURN E AFTER 24 HOURS.
WITHIN 120 NM NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N149W 986 MB. WITHIN 90 NM N SEMICIRCLE
AND 420 NM SE AND 540 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8
TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 58N146W 992 MB 
AND A SECONDARY NEW CENTER 55N135W 995 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE
OF MAIN CENTER AND WITHIN 600 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS OF SECONDARY
CENTER WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE NE OF A
LINE FROM 36N140W TO 57N155W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N
OF A LINE FROM 54N155W TO 56N175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 55N W OF
154W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 34N E OF 122W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS
TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 123W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED IN ASSOCIATION WITH A
FRONT IN THE THIRD GALE WARNING ABOVE.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 33N TO 43N
BETWEEN 143W AND 155W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 32N TO 45N BETWEEN 127W AND
151W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 35N TO 42N E OF 129W.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 43N TO 53N 
BETWEEN 176E AND 163E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 50N BETWEEN 173W AND
170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 53N BETWEEN 156W AND
179W.

.HIGH 32N125W 1027 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N132W 1025 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA.

.HIGH 31N172E 1028 MB MOVING SE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA.

.12 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 47N170W 1017 MB.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N163W 1019 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N149W 1026 MB.

.FORECASTER MILLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC MON DEC 27.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE DEC 28.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED DEC 29.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N96W INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 
FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
14N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 15N95W TO 12N97W TO 10N101W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 14N96W TO 11N99W N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W 
AND 103W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
11N100W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W 
AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT. FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 101W AND 108W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO 
E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N88W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 MM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N88W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.N OF 27N E OF 119W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 19N W OF LINE FROM 28N117W TO 19N126W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N BETWEEN 116W AND 123W NW TO N WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W OF 114W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 20N BETWEEN 114W AND 129W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 07N TO 19N W OF 121W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 20N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 20N W OF 123W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 
06N TO 20N BETWEEN 115W AND 123W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.N OF 07N E OF 80W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PANAMA...NW TO N WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 05N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF PANAMA...NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 06N79W 1008 MB. WITHIN 90 NM OF 
CENTER WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 06N W OF 135W SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT IN SE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 06N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC MON DEC 27...
.TROUGH FROM 04N114W TO 10N114W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF TROUGH AXIS.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 07N78W TO 04N86W TO 
LOW PRES NEAR 06N108W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 04N TO 
08N E OF 81W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 06N TO 09N BETWEEN 133W 
AND 139W.

$$
.FORECASTER HUFFMAN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.