Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 22:45:44 -0600

866 
FZPN40 PHFO 270445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC MON DEC 27 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 27 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 28 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 29 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N156W TO 24N165W TO 19N170W TO 16N176E NEARLY 
STATIONARY. S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN 145W AND 154W. 
ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF FRONT S OF 27N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...FRONT FROM 30N154W TO 20N170W TO 17N180E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N157W TO 24N165W TO 20N170W MERGED 
WITH COLD FRONT MENTIONED BELOW. 

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N163W TO 25N170W THENCE A WEAK STATIONARY FRONT 
TO 22N180E TO 23N173E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 24N165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH FRONT MENTIONED ABOVE.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW COLD FRONT FROM 30N162E TO 28N160E. WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT N OF 25N BETWEEN 165E AND 180E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N176E TO 26N170E TO 22N160E. 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 25N BETWEEN 178W AND 170E.
  
.RIDGE FROM 30N140W TO 26N150W TO 23N155W NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
ERODING FROM THE W 25 KT AFTER 24 HOURS.

.HIGH 31N171E 1018 MB JUST N OF FORECAST AREA. RIDGES EXTEND FROM 
HIGH TO 26N176W...AND FROM HIGH TO 26N160E. HIGH AND RIDGES MOVING 
ESE 15 KT. 

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 09N TO 13N E OF 138W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 10N TO 15N E OF 150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 08N TO 16N E OF 157W. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 11 TO 15 FT N OF 27N BETWEEN 168W AND 180E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 30N165W TO 17N160E. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT N OF 
10N E OF 155W.   
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 13 FT FROM 04N TO 20N E OF 154W. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT N OF 18N BETWEEN 162W AND 177E. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT N OF 24N W 
OF 177E.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 13 FT S OF 20N E OF 155W. SEAS 9 TO 11 
FT N OF 26N W OF 170W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 20N BETWEEN 158W AND 
170W. 

.OTHERWISE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SCATTERED TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N167W TO 13N175W.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 09N160W TO 09N180E TO 08N169E. ISOLATED TSTMS 
WITHIN 200 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 162W AND 175W.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.