Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 00:18:09 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 270600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/270600Z-280600ZDEC2010//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 5.3N 110.7E
HAS PERSISTED NEAR 4.4N 109.5E, APPROXIMATELY 330 NM WEST OF BRUNEI.
RECENT ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS A LACK OF DEEP
CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH A WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
(LLCC). A 270240Z ASCAT PASS SHOWS STRONG NORTHEASTERLY FLOW ALONG
THE NORTHERN PERIPHERY OF THE LLCC WITH WEAK 10 TO 15 KNOT WESTERLY
FLOW ALONG THE SOUTHERN PERIPHERY. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS INDICATES
THE LLCC IS LOCATED EQUATORWARD OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS IN AN
AREA OF MODERATE TO HIGH EASTERLY VERTICAL WIND SHEAR (VWS) AND WEAK
DIVERGENCE ALOFT. A 270000Z UPPER AIR SOUNDING APPROXIMATELY 90 NM
WEST-SOUTHWEST OF THE LLCC INDICATES 25 TO 30 KNOTS OF VWS.
ADDITIONALLY, NEARBY OBSERVATIONS INDICATE SEA LEVEL PRESSURES OF
1005 TO 1008 MB. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10
TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006
MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.