Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 00:20:07 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 270600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/270600Z-280600ZDEC2010//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 5.3N 110.7E
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 4.4N 109.5E, APPROXIMATELY 330 NM WEST OF
BRUNEI. RECENT ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS A LACK
OF DEEP CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH A WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC). A 270240Z ASCAT PASS SHOWS STRONG NORTHEASTERLY FLOW
ALONG THE NORTHERN PERIPHERY OF THE LLCC WITH WEAK 10 TO 15 KNOT
WESTERLY FLOW ALONG THE SOUTHERN PERIPHERY. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS
INDICATES THE LLCC IS LOCATED EQUATORWARD OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE
AXIS IN AN AREA OF MODERATE TO HIGH EASTERLY VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
(VWS) AND WEAK DIVERGENCE ALOFT. A 270000Z UPPER AIR SOUNDING
APPROXIMATELY 90 NM WEST-SOUTHWEST OF THE LLCC INDICATES 25 TO 30
KNOTS OF VWS. ADDITIONALLY, NEARBY OBSERVATIONS INDICATE SEA LEVEL
PRESSURES OF 1005 TO 1008 MB. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED
TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.