Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 03:43:46 -0600

876 
FZPN01 KWBC 270943
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC MON DEC 27 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 27. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 28. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 29. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 49N169E 997 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 360 NM N AND NE 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE
WITHIN 480 NM N AND NE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
17 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N171E 992 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 45N170E
BELOW.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW JUST W OF AREA 39N158E 988 MB MOVING NE 25 KT AND
INTENSIFYING. WITHIN 300 NM E AND NE AND 360 NM SE QUADRANTS 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 
42N169E TO 34N168E TO 30N163E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N170E 970 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS AND BETWEEN 180 NM AND 540 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 
50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. ALSO W OF A LINE FROM 54N178W TO 
48N165W TO 32N176E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH ONE CENTER 47N177E 971 MB AND
A SECOND NEW CENTER 53N165W 984 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM SECOND 
CENTER SW TO 30N180W. WITHIN 240 NM W AND NW SEMICIRCLES OF FIRST
CENTER WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ALSO WITHIN 780 NM W
AND NW SEMICIRCLES OF FIRST CENTER...WITHIN 240 NM NE AND 720 NM
SE QUADRANTS OF SECOND CENTER...AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM E OF
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE WATERS OF THE BERING SEA N OF 58N BETWEEN 167W 
AND 179W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 55N 
BETWEEN 163W AND 178E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N W OF 168W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO
12 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 58N W OF 167W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 60N W OF 167W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO
12 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 38N163W 999 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 300 NM N QUADRANT
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 44N
BETWEEN 155W AND 176W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N150W 1009 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND 300 
NM W AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 41N146W 1004 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SE QUADRANT
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 43N 
BETWEEN 136W AND 149W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N126W 1005 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW
CENTER TO 36N140W. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO
35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT AND
ALSO WITHIN 300 NM SE OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED BY COMPLEX
LOW BELOW.

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH ONE CENTER 58N146W 984 MB DRIFTING W AND A 
SECOND CENTER 56N153W 987 MB DRIFTING E. WITHIN 180 NM N AND NE 
QUADRANTS OF FIRST CENTER...AND WITHIN 600 NM E AND SE AND 540 
NM SW QUADRANTS OF SECOND CENTER WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N150W 985 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SE AND 420 
NM SW AND 90 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
ELSEWHERE FROM 47N TO 59N BETWEEN 132W AND 162W WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH ONE CENTER 58N143W 992 MB AND
A SECOND NEW CENTER 53N131W 1001 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS OF FIRST CENTER...AND E OF A LINE FROM 33N131W TO 
52N140W TO THE UNITED STATES AND CANADIAN COASTS WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 11 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE E OF A LINE FROM 31N134W TO 
58N149W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N
OF A LINE FROM 55N155W TO 58N178E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 54N132W 994 MB MOVING NW 20 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 
43N TO 52N E OF 146W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N141W 994 MB. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 57N150W IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

.FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 122W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS
TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 123W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED IN FORTH GALE WARNING
ABOVE.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 32N TO 43N
BETWEEN 139W AND 152W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 32N TO 44N BETWEEN 125W AND
154W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM N OF 
A LINE FROM 43N177E TO 50N161E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 51N BETWEEN 170W AND
175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 55N BETWEEN 151W AND
177W.

.HIGH 30N130W 1027 MB STATIONARY WILL MOVE SW AFTER 24 HOURS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA.

.HIGH 30N176E 1018 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA.

.12 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 46N166W 1017 MB.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N159W 1021 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N145W 1027 MB.

.FORECASTER MILLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC MON DEC 27.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE DEC 28.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED DEC 29.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N96W INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT.  SEAS 10 TO 13 
FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST  CONDITIONS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 15N95W TO 14N96W TO 11N99W  N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.  SEAS 
TO 10 FT.  ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 103W  WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
11N100W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT.  SEAS TO 11 FT.  ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 
105W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE.
.42 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT.  FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 101W AND 108W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 90 MM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N88W 
INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 88W  NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.N OF 25N E OF 118W  NW TO N WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 19N W OF LINE FROM 25N112W TO 19N120W  WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 20N W OF 114W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 22N FROM 114W TO 129W  WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 08N TO 19N W OF 120W  NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT 
IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.  S OF 08N W OF 130W  WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT.  SEAS 8 FT IN SE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 06N TO 20N W OF 120W  NE TO E WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.  S OF 06N  
W OF 135W  SE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 06N TO 20N W OF 125W  NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT.  SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE S OF 
22N W OF 115W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.N OF 07N E OF 80W INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA...NW TO N WINDS 20 
KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 05N FROM 78W TO 81W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PANAMA...NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES 06N79W 1008 MB.  WITHIN 90 NM OF 
CENTER  WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC MON DEC 27...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 06N77W TO 06N85W TO 
04N95W TO LOW PRES 1012 MB AT 06N109W TO 08N127W TO 08N140W.  
ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM S OF AXIS E OF 982W.
$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.