Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 04:45:42 -0600

626 
FZPN40 PHFO 271045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC MON DEC 27 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 27 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 28 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 29 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N155W TO 24N163W TO 19N170W TO 17N179E NEARLY 
STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA BOUNDED BY 28N159W TO 
27N157W TO 13N168W TO 18N180E TO 28N159W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N154W TO 20N164W TO 14N174W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N157W TO 24N164W TO 20N169W.

.FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 24N167W TO 20N175E. FRONT MOVING E 15 KT N OF 
22N...AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 75 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH FRONT DISCUSSED ABOVE.

.06 HOUR FORECAST FRONT WEST OF FORECAST AREA. S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS NW OF LINE FROM 30N164E TO 26N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N166E TO 25N160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
OVER FORECAST WATERS NW OF LINE FROM 30N176E TO 24N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N180E TO 23N166E TO 22N160E. WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF LINE FROM 30N174W TO 24N174E TO 
30N171E.
  
.RIDGE FROM 29N140W TO 25N150W TO 23N156W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.HIGH 30N176E 1018 MB MOVING ESE 20 KT. RIDGES EXTEND FROM HIGH TO 
24N172W...AND FROM HIGH TO 23N160E.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT E OF LINE FROM 14N153W TO 09N150W TO 07N145W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT E OF LINE FROM 16N153W TO 
09N155W TO 07N145W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT E OF LINE FROM 22N162W TO 
10N153W TO 08N149W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 27N BETWEEN 168W AND 
178W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 30N163W TO 15N170E TO 
14N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF LINE FROM 30N153W TO 25N159W TO 
15N155W TO 11N159W TO 07N146W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT S OF 07N BETWEEN 152W 
AND 162W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT FROM 08N TO 13N E OF 148W. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE E OF LINE FROM 21N144W TO 14N158W TO 06N168W TO 
00N156W...AND OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF LINE FROM 30N148W TO 26N160W 
TO 17N174W TO 15N177E TO 15N171E TO 25N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N AND E OF 
LINE FROM 00N157W TO 18N162W TO 15N174W TO 18N174E TO 25N175E TO 
24N160E...EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS N OF 20N E OF 154W.

.OTHERWISE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 10N170W TO 08N175E TO 06N160E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS FROM 08N TO 13N BETWEEN 160W AND 175W...AND WITHIN 90 
NM OF ITCZ W OF 175W.

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.