Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 08:51:20 -0600

055 
ATPQ40 PGUM 271450
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST TUE DEC 28 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N151E TO 18N142E...THEN 
CONTINUES AS A STATIONARY FRONT TO BEYOND 130E AT 16N. CLOUDINESS 
AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 400 MILES NORTHWEST 
OF THE FRONT. 

A SURFACE TROUGH EAST OF THE MARIANAS EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM 
11N145E TO 16N148E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND NEAR SAIPAN BETWEEN 
15N AND 17N FROM 144E TO 151E.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH RUNS SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 4N130E TO END AT 
EQ138E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND WITHIN 
AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 3N130E TO 2N139E TO 9N141E TO 8N130E 
BACK TO 3N130E. THIS AREA INCLUDES KOROR BUT IS JUST SOUTH OF YAP. 

A SURFACE TROUGH REACHES NORTHEASTWARD FROM 4N152E TO END NORTHWEST 
OF POHNPEI AT 9N155E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND NEAR CHUUK BETWEEN 
2N AND 8N FROM 148E TO 155E. 

A SURFACE TROUGH HEADS EAST-NORTHEASTWARD ACROSS THE MARSHALL 
ISLANDS FROM 6N161E TO BEYOND 180 AT 9N. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE 
PRESENT OVER KWAJALEIN AND MAJURO...BUT NORTH OF KOSRAE WITHIN 100 
MILES OF THE TROUGH AXIS.

$$

AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.