Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 10:07:39 -0600

861 
FZPN01 KWBC 271606
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC MON DEC 27 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 27. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 28. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 29. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 41N163E 984 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
30N TO 44N BETWEEN 160E AND 172E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N173E 967 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 540 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 
50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 54N166W TO 
45N161W TO 31N180W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH ONE CENTER 48N180W 970 MB AND 
A SECOND NEW CENTER 55N158W 985 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM SECOND 
CENTER SW TO 46N168W TO 30N177W. WITHIN 240 NM W AND 300 NW 
SEMICIRCLES OF FIRST CENTER WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. 
ALSO WITHIN 420 NM SE...540 NM W...720 NM N AND 900 NM S 
QUADRANTS OF FIRST CENTER...WITHIN 720 NM SE QUADRANT OF SECOND 
CENTER...AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM E OF FRONT...EXCEPT 300 NM 
S OF 40N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 49N168E 996 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 360 NM 
NW AND BETWEEN 60 NM AND 420 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM N AND NE SEMICIRCLES 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 46N173E 
ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE WATERS OF THE BERING SEA N OF 58N BETWEEN 167W 
AND 178W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 54N 
BETWEEN 164W AND 180W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 55N W OF 169W AREA OF N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 60N W OF 167W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 
12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 43N138W 1007 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 420 NM E OF A LINE 
FROM LOW TO 38N145W TO 33N149W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
44N126W TO 39N131W TO 35N146W. WITHIN 120 NM SE OF FRONT N OF 
39N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM 
SE OF FRONT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. FROM 30N TO 52N BETWEEN 120W 
AND 138W AREA OF W TO NW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 47N132W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N146W 988 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW AND 
FROM 48N TO 54N BETWEEN 129W AND 164W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N148W 991 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 47N TO 54N 
BETWEEN 129W AND 156W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N143W 998 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 38N BETWEEN 160E AND 164E WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF A LINE FROM 55N155W TO 59N180W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 39N159W 1000 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 300 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE AND 240 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N144W 1013 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NW AND 360 
NM W QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

.FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 122W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 123W AREA OF N TO NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED IN FOURTH GALE WARNING 
ABOVE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 33N TO 43N 
BETWEEN 136W AND 148W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 33N TO 41N BETWEEN 136W AND 
148W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 46N TO 48N 
BETWEEN 179E AND 176E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 50N BETWEEN 167W AND 
179E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 55N BETWEEN 149W AND 
176W. 

.HIGH 31N130W 1027 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 30N177E 1018 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 47N169W 1018 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N156W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N142W 1028 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC MON DEC 27.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE DEC 28.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED DEC 29.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT.  SEAS 10 TO 13 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 15N95W TO 09N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 104W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N95W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 06N TO 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 105W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 11N E OF 90W INCLUDING GULF OF FONSECA NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST N OF 11N E OF 90W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 MM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 08N95W 
INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 11N86W 
TO 09N88W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 05N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO N WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 05N79W 1010 MB. WITHIN 90 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. N OF 05N BETWEEN 
79W AND 81W INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 05N80W 1009 MB. WITHIN 90 NM SW 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.N OF 25N E OF 122W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 21N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 21N W OF 114W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W W WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 08N BETWEEN 110W AND 120W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 07N TO 21N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL. S OF 07N W OF 130W E TO SE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 21N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 
06N W OF 120W SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 20N W OF 123W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. S OF 06N W OF 125W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC MON DEC 27...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 06N77W TO 06N85W TO 
06N93W TO LOW PRES 1012 MB AT 06N109W TO LOW PRES 1012 MB AT 
06N115W TO 07N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION NOTED.

$$

.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.