Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 10:45:45 -0600

648 
FZPN40 PHFO 271645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC MON DEC 27 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 27 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 28 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 29 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N155W TO 23N163W TO 19N170W TO 16N178E NEARLY 
STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA BOUNDED BY 29N154W TO 
13N163W TO 13N172W TO 20N168W TO 29N1576W TO 29N154W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N154W TO 20N168W TO 18N175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 25N163W TO 20N173W.

.FRONT FROM 30N159W TO 23N165W TO 20N174E. FRONT MOVING E 15 KT N OF 
22N...AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 75 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH FRONT DISCUSSED ABOVE.

.FRONT WEST OF FORECAST AREA. S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST 
WATERS NW OF LINE FROM 30N164E TO 27N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N170E TO 23N160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 26N BETWEEN 166E AND 178E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N177W TO 25N175E TO 21N160E. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 26N BETWEEN 174W AND 179W.
  
.RIDGE FROM 29N140W TO 26N150W TO 23N156W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.HIGH 29N177E 1018 MB MOVING ESE 15 KT. RIDGES EXTEND FROM HIGH TO 
23N171W...AND FROM HIGH TO 23N160E.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT E OF LINE FROM 13N155W TO 10N153W TO 08N150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT E OF LINE FROM 17N150W TO 
11N154W TO 08N152W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT E OF LINE FROM 17N150W TO 
15N159W TO 11N156W TO 08N153W. E TO SE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA 
FROM 16N TO 21N BETWEEN 157W AND 160W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 14 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 26N BETWEEN 167W AND 
176W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 30N163W TO 16N178E TO 
17N160E...AND E OF LINE FROM 30N153W TO 04N164W TO 00N160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT FROM 08N TO 13N E OF 148W. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE E OF LINE FROM 21N143W TO 15N160W TO 05N169W TO 
00N159W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF LINE FROM 30N155W 
TO 16N173W TO 14N175E TO 19N167E TO 26N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 168E AND 176E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE E AND N OF LINE 
FROM 00N158W TO 16N163W TO 18N178E TO 26N180W TO 24N160E...EXCEPT 
SEAS 8 FT OR LESS N OF 21N E OF 152W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 10N TO 14N BETWEEN 151W AND 
156W.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 09N160W TO 10N170W TO 08N175E TO 06N160E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 08N TO 13N BETWEEN 160W AND 173W... 
WITHIN 180 NM N...AND WITHIN 75 NM S...OF ITCZ W OF 173W...AND 
WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ E OF 152W.

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.