Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 15:39:15 -0600

173 
FZPN01 KWBC 272139
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC MON DEC 27 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 27. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 28. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 29. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 43N166E 980 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF A 
LINE FROM 30N168E TO 38N176E TO 44N179W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
11 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N176E 965 MB. WITHIN 840 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS AND BETWEEN 60 NM AND 420 NM N AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 
35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 30 FT...HIGHEST IN NW QUADRANT. 
ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 54N166W TO 48N154W TO 30N178W WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH ONE CENTER 49N178W 968 MB AND 
A SECOND NEW CENTER 56N155W 985 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM SECOND 
CENTER SW TO 48N163W TO 30N177W. WITHIN 360 NM W AND SW 
SEMICIRCLES OF FIRST CENTER WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 
FT...HIGHEST S OF LOW. ALSO WITHIN 480 NM SE...600 NM W...720 NM 
N AND 960 NM S QUADRANTS OF FIRST CENTER...WITHIN 300 NM E AND 
660 NM S QUADRANTS OF SECOND CENTER...AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 
NM E OF FRONT...EXCEPT 300 NM S OF 39N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
13 TO 26 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 49N168E 989 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 360 NM 
NW AND BETWEEN 60 NM AND 480 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. 
SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM N AND NE SEMICIRCLES 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 47N176E 
ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING...
.OVER ICE FREE WATERS OF THE BERING SEA N OF 58N BETWEEN 168W 
AND 180W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 56N W OF 168W AREA OF N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 61N W OF 167W N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 46N131W 1008 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
40N140W TO 34N151W. WITHIN 240 NM SE OF FRONT N OF 38N WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM E QUADRANT 
AND 300 NM SE OF FRONT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND WITH NEW LOW 42N128W 
1007 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW TO 36N141W. WITHIN 180 NM E 
QUADRANT AND 240 NM SE OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 31N TO 50N BETWEEN 120W 
AND 132W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 46N128W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N146W 988 MB NEARLY STATIONARY WILL MOVE E 10 KT AFTER 06 
HOURS. WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW AND FROM 49N TO 54N BETWEEN 137W AND 
161W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 47N TO 
55N BETWEEN 129W AND 165W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N146W 990 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 47N TO 54N 
BETWEEN 130W AND 154W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED IN 
PARAGRAPH 1 ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 30N164E 
TO 37N168E TO 45N161E WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF A LINE FROM 56N155W TO 57N167W TO 59N180W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 39N156W 1004 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 300 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE AND 240 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N138W 1008 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NW AND 480 
NM W QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 122W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 123W AREA OF N TO NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED IN PARAGRAPH 4 IN 
WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 32N TO 43N 
BETWEEN 133W AND 147W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 35N TO 41N BETWEEN 126W AND 
142W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 48N 
BETWEEN 177W AND 179E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 51N BETWEEN 161W AND 
178W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 55N BETWEEN 148W AND 
171W. 

.HIGH 31N129W 1030 MB NEARLY STATIONARY WILL MOVE SW 15 KT AFTER 
06 HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 45N165W 1018 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N153W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N140W 1030 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC MON DEC 27.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE DEC 28.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED DEC 29.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 15N95W TO 11N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 104W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
14N96W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 06N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 
105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 100W AND 108W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 11N E OF 90W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
FONSECA...NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 07N92W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 MM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 08N91W 
INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 10N88W NE 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES NEAR 06N79W 1009 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. N OF 06N  
BETWEEN 78W AND 81W INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA...N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 05N79W 1010 MB. WITHIN 90 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 05N79W 1009 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 25N BETWEEN 115W AND 122W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 21N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 20N W OF 113W...EXCEPT N OF 25N W OF 
130W...WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N120W TO 28N132W. N OF FRONT E OF 
132W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 06N TO 21N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL. S OF 07N W OF 130W E TO SE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN SE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 20N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 
06N W OF 125W SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 21N W OF 126W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 06N TO 
20N BETWEEN 113W AND 126W...AND S OF 06N W OF 125W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC MON DEC 27...
.LOW PRES 06N79W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 02N TO 07N BETWEEN 78W 
AND 81W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 09N84W TO 04N92W TO 
LOW PRES 1012 MB AT 07N118W TO 07N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT 
CONVECTION NOTED.

$$

.FORECASTER HUFFMAN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.