Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 16:45:07 -0600

562 
FZPN40 PHFO 272245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC MON DEC 27 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 27 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 28 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 29 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N162E TO 28N160E MOVING E 25 KT. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N 
OF A LINE FROM 30N167E TO 25N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
180 NM SE OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N175E TO 25N167E TO 23N160E. WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 30N177W TO 25N170E TO 30N165E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N172W TO 27N177W TO 23N170E. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT N OF 27N.

.FRONT FROM 30N158W TO 25N162W TO 18N169W TO 15N178W NEARLY 
STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT S OF 25N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N151W TO 23N162W TO 13N172W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT WEAKENED INTO A TROUGH FROM 30N153W TO 
26N163W TO 16N170W.

.TROUGH FROM 20N162W TO 13N165W NEARLY STATIONARY. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS FROM 20N TO 11N BETWEEN 165W AND 156W. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 23N TO 20N BETWEEN 162W TO 157W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH MERGED WITH FRONT DESCRIBED IN SECOND 
PARAGRAPH ABOVE.

.HIGH 28N180W 1019 MB MOVING E 20 KT. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 25N166W... 
AND FROM HIGH TO 23N160E.

.RIDGE FROM 29N140W TO 24N157W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 16N TO 09N E OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT APPROACHING AREA FROM NW. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT N OF 28N W OF 164E.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 13N172E TO 15N160E... 
AND E OF A LINE FROM 30N151W TO 07N171W TO 00N160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N150W TO 
08N176E TO 25N160E...AND E OF A LINE FROM 22N140W TO 05N176W TO 
00N158W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N178W TO 
26N173E TO 30N166E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N168W TO 20N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N166W TO 
16N175E TO 00N180W...EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS N OF 22N E OF 151W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N150W TO 10N156W...AND FROM 12N169W TO 
09N180W TO 07N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W 
OF 169W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ E OF 156W.

$$
.FORECASTER DWROE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.