Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 20:44:48 -0600

831 
ATPQ40 PGUM 280244
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST TUE DEC 28 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N157E TO 21N150E...THEN 
CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO BEYOND 130E AT 13N. CLOUDINESS AND 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 300 MILES NORTHWEST OF 
THIS BOUNDARY. 

A SURFACE TROUGH HEADS NORTHEASTWARD FROM 11N144E TO 18N148E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE PRESENT OVER GUAM AND SAIPAN WITHIN AN AREA 
BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 17N151E TO 17N145E TO 13N143E TO 13N145E BACK 
TO 17N151E. 

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH RUNS SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 2N130E TO END AT 
EQ136E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING NEAR 
KOROR AND YAP WITHIN 150 MILES OF A LINE FROM 3N131E TO 10N136E. 

A SECOND SURFACE TROUGH REACHES NORTHEASTWARD FROM 3N143E TO 9N153E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE TAKING PLACE JUST 
WEST OF CHUUK WITHIN 150 MILES OF THE TROUGH AXIS.
 
A THIRD SURFACE TROUGH CURVES EASTWARD FROM NEAR POHNPEI AT 6N158E 
ACROSS THE MARSHALLS TO BEYOND 180 AT 9N. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE 
LOCATED WITHIN 150 MILES OF THE TROUGH AXIS OVER POHNPEI...KWAJALEIN 
AND MAJURO.

$$

AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.