Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 21:47:42 -0600

886 
FZPN01 KWBC 280347
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC TUE DEC 28 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 28. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 29. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 30. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 45N170E 976 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. 
OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 540 NM N...600 NM NE...720 NM 
E...420 NM SE AND 780 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 
TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 30N177E TO 46N168W TO 
56N173E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N177E 965 MB. WITHIN 480 NM N AND 300 NM 
SW QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 360 NM E AND S OF A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
30N178E TO 50N172W TO 53N154W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 27 
FT...HIGHEST W OF LOW CENTER. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 30N174W 
TO 46N150W TO 53N150W TO 56N157W AND NW OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N176W 969 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 540 NM 
NW QUADRANT AND WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 
16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE N AND NW OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS...WITHIN 
840 NM S QUADRANT AND WITHIN 600 NM E AND S OF A FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 30N170W TO 54N164W TO 56N145W TO 48N130W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 11 TO 21 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 40N152E 978 MB. WITHIN 600 NM NE 
AND 1020 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 47N128W 1008 MB MOVING E 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
35N148W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 420 NM SE OF THE FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND WITH NEW LOW 41N127W 999 MB. 
WITHIN 360 NM SE...660 NM SW AND 420 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. N OF 30N E OF 130W WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N148W 986 MB MOVING E 10 KT. WITHIN 600 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N144W 993 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 
45N E OF 150W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 49N176W ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 58N W OF 167W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 48N177E ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 40N154W 1006 MB MOVING E 45 KT. WITHIN 240 NM NW QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
41N127W ABOVE.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 54N W OF 155W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 123W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 13 FT WITH NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN AN AREA 
BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 42N126W TO 39N154W TO 32N150W BACK TO 
42N126W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 48N 
BETWEEN 174W AND 174E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE 
FROM 50N176W TO 41N175W TO 52N156W BACK TO 50N176W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE 
FROM 53N166W TO 39N162W TO 55N147W BACK TO 53N166W.

.HIGH 32N129W 1027 MB MOVING SW 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 44N163W 1019 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N150W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N138W 1028 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N160E 1016 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N179E 1016 MB.

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC TUE DEC 28.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED DEC 29.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU DEC 30.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 12N97W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 06N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 105W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.18 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 100W AND 108W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 08N91W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 MM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 08N91W 
INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 10N88W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.

.06 HOUR FORECAST N OF 11N E OF 90W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
FONSECA...NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES NEAR 06N79W 1009 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. N OF 05N  
BETWEEN 78W AND 81W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PANAMA...N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 06N79W 1008 MB. WITHIN 90 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 06N79W 1008 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 26N BETWEEN 116W AND 122W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 23N W OF 114W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 20N BETWEEN 113W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N117W TO 28N130W. N OF FRONT TO 
130W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 06N TO 23N W OF 122W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
13 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL. FROM 12N TO 23N BETWEEN 116W AND 
122W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 20N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. FROM 11N TO 20N 
BETWEEN 114W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 20N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. FROM 06N TO 18N 
BETWEEN 113W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN 
NW SWELL.

.S OF 06N W OF 130W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN SE 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 05N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 06N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC TUE DEC 28...
.LOW PRES 06N79W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF NE QUADRANT.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 05N80W TO 06N113W 
TO 05N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION NOTED.

$$
.FORECASTER HUFFMAN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.