Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 22:45:10 -0600

755 
FZPN40 PHFO 280445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE DEC 28 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 28 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 29 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 30 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N164E TO 26N160E MOVING E 25 KT. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N 
OF A LINE FROM 30N177E TO 24N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
90 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N178E TO 26N174E TO 21N160E. WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT WITHIN 300 NM E AND 180 NM W OF FRONT N OF 26N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N170W TO 25N178W TO 
24N170E. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.FRONT FROM 30N157W TO 25N161W TO 17N170W TO 15N177W NEARLY 
STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT S OF 25N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT WEAKENED INTO A TROUGH FROM 30N151W TO 
24N162W TO 18N167W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT WEAKENED INTO A TROUGH FROM 30N157W TO 
25N161W TO 15N165W.

.TROUGH FROM 20N161W TO 13N165W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS FROM 20N TO 12N BETWEEN 164W AND 155W. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 23N TO 20N BETWEEN 161W TO 157W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 20N162W TO 13N166W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH MERGED WITH FRONT DESCRIBED IN SECOND 
PARAGRAPH ABOVE.

.HIGH 29N178W 1018 MB MOVING E 20 KT. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 25N165W... 
AND FROM HIGH TO 20N160E.

.RIDGE FROM 29N140W TO 24N157W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 16N TO 09N E OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N164E TO 25N160E. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT N OF 27N W OF 168E.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N157W TO 12N175E TO 15N160E... 
AND E OF A LINE FROM 26N140W TO 06N174W TO 00N166W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF 28N W OF 178E. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N150W TO 10N180W TO 25N160E...AND S 
OF A LINE FROM 22N140W TO 15N160W TO 00N180W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N173W TO 
25N173E TO 30N169E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N167W TO 20N171E TO 20N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 
30N164W TO 00N176E...EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS N OF 22N E OF 150W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 10N157W...AND FROM 11N170W TO 07N170E TO 
07N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF ITCZ W OF 170W... 
AND WITHIN 45 NM OF ITCZ E OF 157W.

$$
.FORECASTER DWROE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.