Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 23:23:07 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 280600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/280600Z-290600ZDEC2010//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 4.4N 109.5E
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 4.9N 107.9E, APPROXIMATELY 345 NM WEST OF
BRUNEI. RECENT ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS AN
ILL-DEFINED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION WITH SHALLOW, DISORGANIZED
CONVECTIN. A 271344Z ASCAT PASS SHOWS A WEAK 10-15 KNOT CIRCULATION
CENTER. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS INDICATES THE SYSTEM IS EQUATORWARD OF
THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS IN AN AREA OF MODERATE TO HIGH EASTERLY
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND WEAK DIVERGENCE ALOFT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THESE ARE SUPPORTED BY
NEARBY SURFACE OBSERVATIONS. DUE TO THE WEAK LACK OF ORGANIZATION
AND UPPER LEVEL SUPPORT, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.