Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 03:45:51 -0600

207 
FZPN01 KWBC 280945
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC TUE DEC 28 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 28. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 29. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 30. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 47N174E 967 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
480 NM NW...600 NM NE...780 NM E...480 NM SE AND 900 NM SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A 
LINE FROM 30N179E TO 48N164W TO 56N174E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N179E 966 MB. WITHIN 480 NM NW AND 360 
NM SW QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 360 NM E AND S OF A FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 35N176W TO 51N166W TO 52N148W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 
29 FT...HIGHEST W OF LOW CENTER. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 
30N173W TO 48N144W TO 59N158W AND NW OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N173W 967 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S AND 540 NM 
NW QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE N 
AND NW OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS...FROM 39N TO 50N BETWEEN 166W 
AND 180W AND WITHIN 540 NM E AND S OF A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
36N165W TO 55N166W TO 56N143W TO 45N128W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
11 TO 21 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 40N150W 980 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 720 NM NE AND 900 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 
KT. SEAS 15 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 40N157E 978 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S 
QUADRANT AND WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 40N173E 
TO 31N168E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 29 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
30N TO 47N BETWEEN 179E AND 160E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
21 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 49N125W 1006 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
33N149W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 300 NM SE OF THE FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND WITH NEW LOW 39N124W 999 MB. 
WITHIN 540 NM SW AND 840 NM NW QUADRANTS S OF 50N E OF 140W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 30N TO 42N E OF 127W NW 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N149W 985 MB MOVING E 10 KT. WITHIN 600 NM S AND 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N142W 997 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 
50N E OF 145W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 51N173W ABOVE. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 54N W OF 154W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 40N150W 1009 MB MOVING E 45 KT. WITHIN 240 NM NW QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
39N124W ABOVE. 

.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 58N W OF 167W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 49N179E ABOVE. 

.FROM 30N TO 36N E OF 123W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 13 FT 
WITH NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN AN AREA 
BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 41N150W TO 43N126W TO 32N149W BACK TO 
41N150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 48N 
BETWEEN 170W AND 178E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE 
FROM 52N174W TO 41N174W TO 54N151W BACK TO 52N174W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 54N BETWEEN 149W AND 
161W. 

.HIGH 30N129W 1028 MB MOVING SW 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 44N158W 1021 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N147W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N137W 1029 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N164E 1016 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N177E 1016 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC TUE DEC 28.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED DEC 29.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU DEC 30.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N97W INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 105W  NE WINDS 20 KT.  
SEAS TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.18 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 08N91W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 75 MM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 08N91W 
INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 10N88W 
INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 11N E OF 90W INCLUDING GULF OF FONSECA ...NE WINDS 20 KT.  
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES AT 06N78W 1009 MB STATIONARY.  N OF 05N FROM 78W TO 
81W INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 8 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM S QUADRANT  WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES NEAR 06N79W 1008 MB.  WITHIN 90 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE  WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES NEAR 06N79W 1010 MB.  WITHIN 120 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE  WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 25N E OF 123W  NW TO N WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 12 FT IN 
NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE N OF 23N W OF 113W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  
SEAS TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 20N FROM 113W TO 128W  WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT 29N115W TO 26N127W.  N OF FRONT  
NW TO N WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 06N TO 25N W OF 123W  NE TO E WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 9 TO 11 
FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 05N TO 20N W OF 120W  NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 06N TO 20N W OF 130W  NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.  FROM 06N TO 18N 
BETWEEN 113W AND 130W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
NW SWELL.

.S OF 06N W OF 130W  E TO SE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  S OF 05N W OF 127W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  S OF 06N W OF 129W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC TUE DEC 28...
.LOW PRES 1009 MB 06N78W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM E 
QUADRANT.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 06N80W TO 08N110W 
TO 05N135W TO 06N140W.  NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.