Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 04:45:10 -0600

034 
FZPN40 PHFO 281045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC TUE DEC 28 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 28 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 29 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 30 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N167E TO 25N160E MOVING E 25 KT. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N 
OF A LINE FROM 30N177E TO 25N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N179W TO 24N170E TO 22N160E. WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT N OF 26N BETWEEN 175W AND 170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N169W TO 25N180W TO 
24N170E. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.FRONT FROM 30N153W TO 23N165W NEARLY STATIONARY. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
210 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT WEAKENED INTO A TROUGH FROM 30N155W TO 
24N164W TO 21N170W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 90 NM OF TROUGH N OF 
25N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 30N160W TO 20N164W TO 12N162W. WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM OF TROUGH S OF 18N.

.TROUGH FROM 23N162W TO 20N164W TO 13N163W NEARLY STATIONARY. WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM OF TROUGH. ISOLATED STRONG TSTMS BETWEEN 
TROUGH AND 157W. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE FROM 12N TO 22N 
BETWEEN 170W TO 155W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 22N165W TO 13N161W. SE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 120 NM E OF TROUGH.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH MERGED WITH TROUGH DESCRIBED IN SECOND 
PARAGRAPH ABOVE.

.HIGH 29N174W 1018 MB MOVING E 35 KT. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 29N162W... 
AND FROM HIGH TO 20N160E.

.RIDGE FROM 29N140W TO 24N155W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 16N TO 09N E OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N164E TO 27N160E. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT N OF 28N W OF 171E.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 13 FT E OF A LINE FROM 22N140W TO 15N155W TO 02N154W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N159W TO 20N174W TO 17N175E TO 
27N168E TO 26N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N178E TO 
28N168E TO 30N162E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N155W TO 22N170W TO 27N176W TO 25N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT E OF 155W 
S OF 18N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N174W TO 
25N176E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N169W TO 
20N172E TO 27N160E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF 162W BETWEEN 21N AND 06N.  

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 06N140W TO 11N158W...AND FROM 11N170W TO 07N172E TO 
07N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ...ALSO 
BETWEEN 120 NM N AND 180 NM N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 170W AND 177W.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.