Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 10:22:28 -0600

057 
FZPN01 KWBC 281622
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC TUE DEC 28 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 28. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 29. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 30. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 48N175E 964 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 120 NM S AND 360 NM 
NW AND 420 NM N QUADRANTS...AND FROM 34N TO 38N BETWEEN 160E AND 
168E WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 17 TO 30 FT...HIGHEST IN NW 
QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 
30N179W TO 40N169W TO 49N161W TO 54N169W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 24 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N179E 965 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE AND 420 NM N QUADRANT AND 240 NM E OF A LINE FROM 
54N160W TO 48N167W TO 42N171W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 
FT...HIGHEST W OF LOW CENTER. ELSEWHERE OVER THE BERING SEA AND 
N OF 30N BETWEEN 172E AND A LINE FROM 30N174W TO 45N156W TO 
55N149W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N171W 972 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S QUADRANT 
AND BETWEEN 180 NM AND 600 NM N AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 16 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF A LINE 
FROM 38N160W TO 45N180W TO 46N160E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 40N149E 978 MB. FROM 33N TO 38N 
BETWEEN 160E AND 162E AREA OF S WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 
FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 160E AND 165E WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N163E 975 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
42N177E TO 34N173E. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 420 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 50 
TO 60 KT. SEAS 28 TO 42 FT. ALSO WITHIN 540 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS AND 240 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 30 
FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 46N BETWEEN 160E AND 176W WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.WITHIN 240 NM S OF A LINE FROM 44N125W TO 38N135W TO 36N144W  
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 39N TO 50N BETWEEN 125W AND 136W AREA OF 
NW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 
55N BETWEEN 120W AND 136W N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N E OF 126W N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N148W 989 MB MOVING E 10 KT. WITHIN 120 NM NW SEMICIRCLE 
AND 480 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 47N TO 59N BETWEEN 131W AND 158W WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N142W 999 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT. TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED IN 
PARAGRAPH 1 ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 56N159W 981 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
58N150W TO 57N140W TO 53N135W. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 960 NM SE 
QUADRANT AND WITHIN 120 NM N AND NE OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 
49N138W TO 39N130W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 55N W OF 155W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 57N W OF 
160W.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 41N143W 1009 MB MOVING E 40 KT. WITHIN 180 NM NW AND 420 NM 
W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED IN 
PARAGRAPH 3 IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 58N W OF 169W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 50N179E ABOVE. 

.FROM 30N TO 36N E OF 124W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT 
WITH NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 126W TO 148W 
BETWEEN 42N AND A LINE FROM 31N148W TO 40N126W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 166W AND 179E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE 
FROM 53N171W TO 42N171W TO 53N149W BACK TO 53N171W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 57N BETWEEN 148W AND 
159W AND FROM 31N TO 36N BETWEEN 145W AND 151W. 

.HIGH 43N156W 1024 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N145W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N136W 1028 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 31N169E 1015 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N171W 1018 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC TUE DEC 28.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED DEC 29.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU DEC 30.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N97W INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT. ELSEWHERE 06N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 107W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 100W AND 110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 07N94W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 MM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N89W 
INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 06N TO 09N BETWEEN 92W AND 97W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 10N87W 
INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 11N E OF 90W INCLUDING GULF OF FONSECA...NE WINDS 20 KT.  
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES AT 06N78W 1009 MB STATIONARY. N OF 05N FROM 78W TO 81W 
INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 05N78W 1008 MB. WITHIN 90 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 06N79W 1009 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 25N E OF 124W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 22N W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 22N E OF 125W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 28N113W TO 24N127W. N OF FRONT NW 
TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 05N TO 25N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT 
IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 22N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 19N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.

.S OF 05N W OF 130W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 06N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N W OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC TUE DEC 28...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG FROM LOW PRES AT 
06N78W 1009 MB TO 04N92W TO 08N122W TO 06N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT 
CONVECTION IS NOTED.

$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.