Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 12:36:25 -0600

840 
ATHW40 PHFO 281836
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC TUE DEC 28 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC DECEMBER 28 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL LOW NEAR 16N173W...OR ABOUT 
900 MILES SOUTH SOUTHEAST OF MIDWAY ATOLL. THIS LOW IS MOVING TO 
THE EAST SOUTHEAST AT 20 MPH. THE LOW IS PART OF A LONGWAVE TROUGH 
THAT EXTENDS NORTH THROUGH 30N169W. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED 
CLOUDS ARE LOCATED EAST OF THE TROUGH...GENERALLY BETWEEN 153W AND 
169W. THESE CLOUDS COVER MUCH OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. 
ADDITIONAL CIRRUS CLOUDS EXTEND FARTHER EAST FROM THE MAIN AREA OF 
CLOUDS...WITH SCATTERED TO BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS EXTENDING AS FAR AS 
148W. ISOLATED CUMULONIMBUS CLOUDS ARE EMBEDDED WITHIN THE LAYERED 
CLOUDS. CLOUD TOPS EXTEND UP TO 40000 FT. 

FARTHER EAST...AREAS OF LOW CLOUDS ARE EMBEDDED WITHIN A RETURNING 
TRADE WIND FLOW. BASED ON LOW-CLOUD MOTIONS...A SURFACE RIDGE IS 
LOCATED FROM 28N140W TO NEAR 26N150W. NORTH OF 24N...CLOUDS ARE 
BROKEN TO OVERCAST IN COVERAGE AND ARE COMPOSED PRIMARILY OF STABLE 
CLOSED CELL CUMULUS ELEMENTS. SOUTH OF 24N...CLOUDS ARE GENERALLY 
SCATTERED TO BROKEN IN COVERAGE AND ARE COMPOSED PRIMARILY OF 
SHOWERY OPEN CELL CUMULUS ELEMENTS. NORTH OF THE RIDGE...CLOUD 
MOTIONS ARE TO THE NORTH AND NORTHEAST AT 10 TO 15 MPH. SOUTH OF THE 
RIDGE...CLOUD MOTIONS ARE TO THE WEST AND NORTHWEST AT 10 TO 15 MPH. 
SOUTH OF 22N...CLOUD MOTIONS ARE TO THE WEST AT 25 TO 30 MPH. 

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS 
COVER MUCH OF THE STATE...OBSCURING LOW CLOUD FEATURES. A BAND OF 
TOWERING CUMULUS CLOUDS EMBEDDED WITHIN THE LAYERED CLOUDS IS 
LOCATED JUST SOUTH OF OAHU. CLOUD TOPS WITHIN THIS AREA EXTEND UP 
TO 25000 FT. THIS BAND IS GENERALLY 20 TO 30 MILES WIDE...AND 
EXTENDS FROM BETWEEN DIAMOND HEAD AND MAKAPUU POINT ON OAHU TO 150 
MILES OFFSHORE TO THE SOUTH. THESE CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE NORTH 
NORTHEAST AT 20 MPH. 

$$

BRAVENDER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.