Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 13:27:54 -0600

531 
FZPN40 PHFO 281927 AAA
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...UPDATED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1927 UTC TUE DEC 28 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 28 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 29 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 30 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.FRONT FROM 30N170E TO 24N160E MOVING E 25 KT. SW WINDS 30 TO 35 KT 
WITHIN 90 NM OF FRONT N OF 28N. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT N OF 26N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 
NM E OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N177W TO 26N179E TO 22N165E. SW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 26N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 26N180W TO 
25N172E. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N153W TO 24N163W...THENCE A TROUGH TO 19N167W TO 
13N172W. FRONT AND TROUGH NEARLY STATIONARY. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 90 NM OF TROUGH. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF 
FRONT AND TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT WEAKENED INTO A TROUGH FROM 30N157W TO 
25N166W TO 19N172W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 90 NM OF TROUGH N OF 
27N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 30N158W TO 26N163W TO 20N166W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.TROUGH FROM 19N160W TO 15N160W TO 10N157W MOVING W SLOWLY. SE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM OF E OF TROUGH. ISOLATED STRONG TSTMS 
WITHIN 150 NM E OF TROUGH S OF 15N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 22N BETWEEN 162W TO 154W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 16N162W TO 09N160W. SE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 120 NM E OF TROUGH.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 16N164W TO 09N163W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 120 NM OF TROUGH.

.RIDGE FROM 19N160E TO 26N180W TO 30N174W MOVING E 10 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 29N140W TO 28N150W MOVING E SLOWLY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 15N TO 08N E OF 149W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N168E TO 24N160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 175E AND 166E.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 13 FT E OF A LINE FROM 22N140W TO 15N155W TO 00N154W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N155W TO 20N170W TO 16N175E TO 
27N169E TO 26N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N178E TO 
28N168E TO 30N163E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N175W TO 23N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF 155W S OF 18N. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT N OF 20N BETWEEN 154W AND 165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N167E TO 
27N160E. SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N170W TO 26N179E. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N166W TO 19N172E TO 26N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF A LINE FROM 00N150W TO 12N165W TO 20N164W.  

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 06N140W TO 10N152W...AND FROM 09N162W TO 08N168E TO 
09N178W TO 06N170E TO 08N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM 
OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.