Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 15:38:30 -0600

029 
FZPN01 KWBC 282138
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC TUE DEC 28 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 28. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 29. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 30. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 48N177E 964 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 180 NM S AND 240 NM 
W AND 420 NM N AND NW QUADRANTS...AND FROM 33N TO 36N BETWEEN 
162E AND 169E WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 17 TO 32 FT...HIGHEST IN 
NW QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 
30N178W TO 49N155W TO 57N172W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N178W 964 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE AND 420 NM N QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 
28 FT...HIGHEST IN NW QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE OVER THE BERING SEA 
AND N OF 30N BETWEEN 172E AND A LINE FROM 30N172W TO 45N152W TO 
47N144W TO 56N146W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N167W 973 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S QUADRANT 
AND BETWEEN 180 NM AND 720 NM NW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 16 TO 30 FT...HIGHEST OVER S QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N OF A LINE FROM 40N160W TO 50N178W TO 48N160E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 40N151E 976 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 31N160E TO 38N167E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 30N165E TO 36N169E 
TO 44N162E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N167E 976 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
44N178W TO 32N175E. WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT AND 180 NM E OF 
FRONT WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 28 TO 44 FT...EXCEPT E OF FRONT 18 
TO 28 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 36N164E. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 
30N179E TO 37N174W TO 46N171W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 15 TO 30 
FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 42N131W 1004 MB MOVING E 30 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 42N128W 
TO 35N141W. WITHIN 240 NM SE OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 49N BETWEEN 124W AND 131W AREA OF 
NW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 
51N BETWEEN 118W AND 133W N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
15 FT. .48 HOUR FORECAST E OF A LINE FROM 30N126W TO 38N130W TO 
45N130W NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N146W 990 MB MOVING E 05 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW AND 540 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N142W 998 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE AND 300 
NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.   
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED IN 
PARAGRAPH 1 ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 55N156W 975 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
59N150W TO 58N141W TO 54N134W. WITHIN 540 NM E AND 840 NM S 
QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 120 NM N AND NE OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 56N W OF 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 57N W OF 
160W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 41N138W 1009 MB MOVING E 30 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
39N144W TO 38N150W. WITHIN 240 NM NW OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS NW OF A LINE FROM 57N173W TO 
65N166W NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 51N178W ABOVE. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 124W N TO NW WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 12 FT WITH NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 37N TO 42N 
BETWEEN 125W AND 134W AND FROM 32N TO 36N BETWEEN 138W AND 143W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 51N 
BETWEEN 162W AND 179W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE 
FROM 53N165W TO 42N168W TO 41N162W TO 54N148W BACK TO 53N165W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 57N BETWEEN 143W AND 
156W AND FROM 32N TO 36N BETWEEN 145W AND 150W. 

.HIGH 43N153W 1027 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N142W 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N134W 1027 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N173E 1015 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N165W 1020 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC TUE DEC 28.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED DEC 29.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU DEC 30.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 14N95W TO 12N96W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE 06N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 107W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 11.5N86W TO 08N90W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. FROM 10N S TO 
ITCZ BETWEEN 90W AND 102W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
NE SWELL. FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 102W AND 108W NE TO E WINDS TO 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 MM OF LINE FROM 11.5N86W TO 09N89W 
INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 13N88W TO 10.5N91W INCLUDING 
GULF OF FONSECA...NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 25N E OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN 
MIXED NW AND N SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N116W TO 28N130W TO 29N140W. N OF 
FRONT BETWEEN 117W AND 132W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 20N E OF 122W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 26N112W TO 23N120W TO 23N130W TO 
26N140W. N OF FRONT E OF 126W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 17 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF FRONT BETWEEN 126W AND 134W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 15N BETWEEN 113W AND 120W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT. FROM 25N S TO ITCZ W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 13 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 25N W OF 
114W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 21N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. FROM 08N TO 20N 
BETWEEN 110W AND 120W NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN MIXED 
NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 20N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.

.S OF ITCZ W OF 125W E TO SE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
MERGING NW AND SE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 06N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N W OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC TUE DEC 28...

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG NOTED WITHIN 75 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF LINE 13N110W TO 17N103W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED FROM 08N82W TO 
04N96W TO 08N118W TO 07N124W TO 05N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
CONVECTION NOTED WITHIN 90 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 84W AND 93W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION NOTED WITHIN 120 NM N OF AXIS 
BETWEEN 103W AND 106W.

$$
.FORECASTER STRIPLING. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.