Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 16:45:18 -0600

990 
FZPN40 PHFO 282245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC TUE DEC 28 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 28 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 29 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 30 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.FRONT FROM 30N175E TO 28N172E TO 23N160E MOVING E 30 KT N OF 28N 
AND MOVING SE 20 KT S OF 28N. SW WINDS 30 TO 35 KT WITHIN 90 NM OF 
FRONT N OF 28N. W TO SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE WITHIN 210 NM OF 
FRONT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N174W TO 27N176W TO 22N172E. W TO SW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 180 NM OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N165W TO 28N177W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N151W TO 28N155W...THENCE A TROUGH TO 22N166W TO 
14N172W. FRONT AND TROUGH NEARLY STATIONARY. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 120 NM OF TROUGH. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM E 
OF TROUGH S OF 22N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 30N158W TO 25N167W TO 19N174W. WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 90 NM OF TROUGH N OF 25N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 30N155W TO 25N162W. WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.TROUGH FROM 18N159W TO 13N159W TO 09N155W NEARLY STATIONARY. SE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM E OF TROUGH. SCATTERED STRONG TSTMS 
WITHIN 300 NM E OF TROUGH S OF 13N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
180 NM OF TROUGH N OF 13N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 17N162W TO 10N160W. E WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 120 NM E OF TROUGH.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 17N164W TO 10N164W. E WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 120 NM E OF TROUGH.

.RIDGE FROM 30N170W TO 26N180W TO 21N165E MOVING E 20 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 28N140W TO 28N150W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 16N TO 08N E OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 20N TO 10N E OF 150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT APPROACHING AREA FROM NW. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT N OF 28N W OF 164E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N175E TO 28N173E TO 22N160E. WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT N OF 28N.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N150W TO 10N177E TO 25N165E TO 
25N160E...AND S OF A LINE FROM 23N140W TO 18N155W TO 00N178W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N175W TO 
25N170E TO 30N160E. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS N OF 24N E OF 151W...AND S OF 
22N W OF 176E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N173E TO 
25N160E. SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N167W TO 25N176W TO 
30N178E. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS E OF A LINE FROM 30N152W TO 19N140W... 
AND S OF 15N W OF 174E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE.  

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 04N140W TO 08N149W...AND FROM 09N177W TO 06N165E TO 
07N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ W OF 165E.

$$
.FORECASTER DWROE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.