Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 22:01:29 -0600

509 
FZPN01 KWBC 290401
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC WED DEC 29 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 29. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 30. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 31. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 48N177E 966 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. WITHIN 540 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE...WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT AND WITHIN 480 NM E AND S 
OF A FRONT EXTENDING FROM 40N176W TO 51N174W TO 51N153W WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 30N174W 
TO 46N150W TO 51N150W TO 55N159W AND NW OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N177W 967 MB. WITHIN 540 NM NW AND 480 
NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE N 
AND NW OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS...WITHIN 600 NM S QUADRANT AND 
WITHIN 240 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 37N175W TO 37N165W TO 
50N157W TO 51N145W TO 46N133W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 55N155W 970 MB. 
SE OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS N OF 42N BETWEEN 139W AND 166W WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 25 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 40N151W 976 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 780 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 40N155E 976 MB. WITHIN 840 NM SE 
QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A 
LINE FROM 30N173E TO 42N172E TO 47N160E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
11 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N179E 980 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SE AND 840 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 44 FT...HIGHEST IN 
SW QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 52N W OF 166W AND N AND NW OF 
THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 25 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 48N167W.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 43N125W 1004 MB MOVING E 25 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 
32N TO 46N E OF 140W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL INLAND. FROM 30N TO 50N E OF 
130W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 46N E OF 130W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 16 FT WITHIN NW SWELL.

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 58N145W 991 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. 
FROM 46N TO 57N BETWEEN 131W AND 149W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 50N177W ABOVE.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 56N W OF 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 35N153W 1014 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N142W 1008 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 160W AND 178W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 360 NM E AND SE OF A LINE 
FROM 40N166W TO 50N166W TO 57N152W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM OF 55N151W...43N143W 
AND 45N173W. 

.HIGH 42N150W 1028 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N139W 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N133W 1024 MB. 

.HIGH 34N160E 1016 MB MOVING E 40 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N177E 1016 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N161W 1020 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC WED DEC 29.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU DEC 30.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI DEC 31.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 95.5W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC... 
N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 13N 
BETWEEN 95W AND 107W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE 
SWELL.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 11.5N86W TO 08N92W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. FROM 04N TO 10N 
BETWEEN 92W AND 102W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE 
SWELL. FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 102W AND 108W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 11.5N E OF 88W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.N OF 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF FONSECA...NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.15 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 25N BETWEEN 113W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN MIXED NW AND N SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK COLD FRONT 30N117W TO 27N121W TO 27N130W 
TO 28N140W. N OF FRONT BETWEEN 116W AND 127W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF FRONT BETWEEN 127W AND 
134W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 20N E OF 
122W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT 28N110W TO 22N114W TO 
21N130W TO 25N140W. N OF FRONT E OF 126W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF FRONT BETWEEN 126W AND 
130W N TO NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.FROM 08N TO 16N BETWEEN 120W AND 127W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT. FROM 22N S TO ITCZ W OF 127W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 
25N W OF 113W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY 
NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 20N W OF 129W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. FROM 08N TO 18N 
BETWEEN 110W AND 129W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 18N W OF 131W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.

.S OF ITCZ W OF 125W E TO SE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
MERGING NW AND SE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 06N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N W OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA 24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N S TO SW WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 28N110W TO 22N114W. NW OF FRONT W 
TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0200 UTC WED DEC 29...

.SCATTERED MODERATE NOTED WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
15N107W TO 17.5N102W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED FROM 08N81W TO 
05N90W TO 06N100W TO 08N116W TO 08N126W TO 05N140W. NO 
SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER STRIPLING. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.