Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 22:45:19 -0600

589 
FZPN40 PHFO 290445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC WED DEC 29 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 29 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 30 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 31 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.FRONT FROM 30N178E TO 28N175E TO 22N160E MOVING E 30 KT N OF 28N 
AND MOVING SE 15 KT S OF 28N. SW WINDS 30 TO 35 KT WITHIN 90 NM OF 
FRONT N OF 28N. W TO SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N174W TO 23N172E TO 30N165E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM 
OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N172W TO 28N174W TO 24N177E TO 
24N169E. W TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF AREA. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT 
OR LESS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 30N152W TO 23N165W TO 15N174W NEARLY STATIONARY. WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM OF TROUGH. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
120 NM OF TROUGH N OF 23N...AND WITHIN 180 NM OF A POINT 13N168W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 30N159W TO 25N165W TO 19N173W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 30N153W TO 25N163W.

.TROUGH FROM 17N160W TO 10N157W MOVING W 10 KT. SE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 120 NM E OF TROUGH. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF 
A LINE FROM 12N158W TO 07N149W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 17N164W TO 09N161W. E WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 120 NM E OF TROUGH.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.

.RIDGE FROM 30N170W TO 24N180W TO 20N163E MOVING SE SLOWLY.

.RIDGE FROM 27N140W TO 28N148W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 20N TO 08N E OF 152W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 20N TO 10N E OF 150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N162E TO 29N160E. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT N OF 28N W OF 167E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N179W TO 23N170E TO 23N160E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N180W TO 28N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N150W TO 07N180W TO 24N167E TO 
23N160E...AND S OF A LINE FROM 23N140W TO 15N160W TO 00N178E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N174W TO 
25N176E TO 29N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N169W TO 20N172E TO 20N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 
30N168W TO 00N174E...EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS N OF 24N E OF 150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 23 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N173E TO 
24N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 
12N174E TO 20N160E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF A LINE FROM 18N140W TO 
29N156W TO 10N176E TO 00N173E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 04N140W TO 05N146W...AND FROM 09N179E TO 07N166E TO 
07N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ W OF 166E.

$$
.FORECASTER DWROE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.