Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 23:31:40 -0600

704 
ATHW40 PHFO 290531
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC WED DEC 29 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC DECEMBER 29 2010

THUNDERSTORMS THAT WERE CONCENTRATED OVER AND AROUND THE STATE 24 
HOURS AGO HAVE SPLIT UP INTO THREE AREAS. THE MOST ACTIVE AREA IS 
NORTH OF THE ISLANDS...ALONG AND NORTH OF A LINE FROM 22N165W TO 
30N153W. THESE THUNDERSTORMS ARE ALONG AND NORTH OF A STATIONARY 
FRONT. THE AREA IS MOVING TO THE NORTH AT ABOUT 20 MPH. CLOUD TOPS 
ARE UP TO 45000 FEET.

THE SECOND MOST ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM AREA IS SOUTH OF THE STATE FROM 
06N TO 14N BETWEEN 150W AND 160W. THE TALLEST THUNDERSTORMS ARE S OF 
10N WITH TOPS TO 50000 FEET. THESE THUNDERSTORMS...WHICH ARE 
ASSOCIATED WITH THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...ARE NEARLY 
STATIONARY.

THE THIRD AREA WITH THE FEWEST THUNDERSTORMS IS 500 TO 1000 MILES 
SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI...OR IN AN AREA FROM 10N TO 15N BETWEEN 175W AND 
172W. THE THUNDERSTORMS ARE EAST OF AN UPPER LEVEL LOW CENTERED NEAR 
13N168W. THE LOW IS MOVING TO THE EAST AT 25 MPH. THE TALLEST 
THUNDERSTORM TOP IS 30000 FEET.

LAYERED CLOUDS ARE BEING DRAWN OVER THE STATE FROM THE TWO AREAS 
SOUTH OF THE ISLANDS. THESE CLOUDS ARE PREVENTING US FROM SEEING THE 
LOW CLOUDS BELOW. THE CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE NORTH ANYWHERE FROM 
20 TO 50 MPH. THE FASTEST MOVING CLOUDS ARE THE HIGHEST CLOUDS.

$$

CRAIG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.