Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 03:47:50 -0600

531 
FZPN01 KWBC 290947
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC WED DEC 29 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 29. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 30. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 31. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 50N179E 966 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
540 NM NW AND 300 NM SW QUADRANTS AND 480 NM E AND S OF A FRONT 
EXTENDING FROM 40N175W TO 52N167W TO 51N147W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 30N174W TO 45N145W 
TO 50N145W TO 56N160W...EXCEPT FROM 30N TO 50N W OF 168E...AND 
NW OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
ALSO FROM 30N TO 40N W OF 168E WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 16 TO 
22 FT WITH MIXED SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N174W 970 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE N AND NW OF THE 
ALEUTIAN ISLANDS...FROM 38N TO 51N BETWEEN 178E AND 
165W...WITHIN 300 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 41N165W TO 
49N155W TO 52N151W TO 53N143W AND WITHIN 240 NM NE OF A LINE 
FROM 49N143W TO 40N131W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 57N153W 972 MB. 
SE OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS N OF A LINE FROM 44N160W TO 34N132W 
BETWEEN 132W AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 23 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 40N153E 976 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 780 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N160E 975 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM NE QUADRANT AND WITHIN 780 NM SE 
QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 19 TO 38 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N 
TO 45N E OF 178E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 27 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N178E 976 MB. WITHIN 660 NM E AND 600 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 44 FT...HIGHEST IN SW 
QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 50N BETWEEN 167E AND 160W WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 32N TO 54N E OF 140W N TO NW WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N E OF 130W NW WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 42N E OF 128W NW WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 14 FT WITH NW SWELL. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N145W 996 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. OVER FORECAST WATERS N 
AND NE OF A LINE FROM 58N152W TO 51N133W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 57N153W ABOVE.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 53N W OF 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 36N150W 1011 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 57N153W 
ABOVE. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST N AND NW OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN AN AREA 
BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 51N180W TO 53N151W TO 40N173W BACK TO 
51N180W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 56N BETWEEN 148W AND 
163W.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 44N TO 48N BETWEEN 161W AND 
175W.

.HIGH 39N144W 1030 MB MOVING E 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N137W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N131W 1023 MB. 

.HIGH 34N163E 1014 MB MOVING E 40 KT WILL TURN NE AFTER 24 HOURS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N177E 1015 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N155W 1023 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC WED DEC 29.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU DEC 30.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI DEC 31.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 10N89W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF FONSECA...NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 25N E OF 127W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK COLD FRONT 29N115W TO 25N121W. N OF FRONT 
NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT DISSIPATED.  N OF 26N E OF 123W  
NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL.  
ELSEWHERE N OF 23N FROM 116W TO 126W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  
SEAS TO 11 FT.

.FROM 08N TO 20N BETWEEN 115W AND 127W  NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 
9 FT.  FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 127W  NE TO E WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 
10 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 07N TO 20N W OF 125W  NE WINDS 20 KT.  
SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.  FROM 08N TO 16N BETWEEN 
115W AND 125W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT IN MIXED NE 
AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 09N TO 12N W OF 135W  NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA 24 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 29N SW WINDS 20 KT.  
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC WED DEC 29...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 05N81W TO 06N87W TO 
05N98W TO 08N115W TO 08N126W TO 06N140W.  NO SIGNIFICANT 
CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.