Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 04:58:45 -0600

399 
FZPN40 PHFO 291058
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC WED DEC 29 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 29 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 30 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 31 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N180E TO 24N173E TO 22N164E THENCE A STATIONARY 
FRONT TO 22N160E.  COLD FRONT MOVING E 20 KT.  WINDS 20 TO 25 
WITHIN 300 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 27N.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM 
OF THE FRONT N OF 27N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N171W TO 24N177W TO 23N161E BECOMING 
STATIONARY.  WINDS DIMINISHED TO 25 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED OVER FORECAST WATERS.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N163E TO 28N160E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 28N BETWEEN 162E AND 170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 26N179E.  WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.  

.TROUGH FROM 12N175W TO 24N166W TO 30N157W MOVING W 10 KT.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS N OF A LINE FROM 23N163W TO 30N152W.  WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 180 NM E OF THE TROUGH N OF 28N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 20N169W TO 27N163W TO 30N158W.  WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WEAK TROUGH FROM 16N160W TO 08N160W MOVING W SLOWLY.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN TROUGH AND A  LINE FROM 16N152W TO 07N148W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N165W TO 20N173W MOVING E 15 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 21N159W TO 10N173W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM BETWEEN 08N AND 15N BOUNDED BY 145W AND 
157W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 26N163E TO 26N172E TO 30N177W. 
 SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE S OF A LINE FROM 21N160E TO 23N173E TO 
00N180W TO 00S140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N170E TO 
26N160E.  SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N169W TO 24N179E.  
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE E OF 176E AND N OF 18N W OF 176E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 21 FT N OF A LINE FROM 25N166E TO 
30N179E.  SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 21N160E TO 
22N167E TO 30N179W.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 16N W OF 173E AND N OF 
20N E OF 155W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT REST OF AREA.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 05N140W TO 06N152W...AND FROM 08N160E TO 06N170E TO 
10N179E.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM N OF THE ITCZ 
BETWEEN 147W AND 152W.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.